cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent service - thank you to Plusnet support (and Open Reach)

GammyKnee

Excellent service - thank you to Plusnet support (and Open Reach)

After recently contacting the Plusnet tech support staff a line test was carried out, and based on that the support guy strongly encouraged me to go for an engineer callout; he saw a possible line fault and suggested we could get considerably better connection speeds from our fibre-to-cabinet service. I held off (I'm in the "if it ain't broke" camp) but a subsequent rise in disconnections and a drop in connection speeds pushed me to take his advice. When I requested the callout the staff were a model of efficiency; no time wasting, no need to repeat any information I'd already given.

The OpenReach engineer replaced our 16 years old master socket with the latest model - which produced a modest improvement - but said that given our distance from the cabinet, Plusnet's estimates were somewhat optimistic. Nevertheless he said he'd run checks at the cabinet as well, for completeness.

Clearly he found something to fix because I'm now enjoying hugely improved connection speeds (up from 27 to 39 downstream, 7 to 9 upstream), totally in line with the suggestions from the Plusnet staff. 

Bottom line: really excellent support and service from Plusnet, backed up by a diligent and thorough OR engineer.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

1 REPLY 1
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Excellent service - thank you to Plusnet support (and Open Reach)

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still