Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent Service

StephenF
Grafter

Excellent Service

i just would like to say how massively impressed i am with PNet,
i have been playing WoW and CS:S the past few days since been activated (through peak times and non-peak) and i am on a consistently good ping of around 70ms on WoW and 50-90ms on CS:S.
also, the browsing speeds are incredible, not that i generally notice as i think most isp's are fast with general browsing, but this has a difference that i noticed.
so far, i have yet to find a video that not will buffer before i can watch it all.
seriously great ISP and reccomended in every sense of the word.
one small quick problem, i recieved an email from PNet a couple of days ago saying that they could not take my payment from the specified bank details, saying that the internet would not be activated, however, it has been activated and after reviewing, the details i gave you are definitely correct (my fiance's card).
so i am unsure as to wether or not the payment has come out  or if it requires further action from my end.
please let me know!
thanks
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Excellent Service

Hi Stephen,
Welcome to Plusnet. I'll take a look at the payment issue you've seen shortly and let you know.
i am on a consistently good ping of around 70ms on WoW and 50-90ms on CS:S.

Are they to UK servers? If so it's possible there may be a way to reduce them slightly more.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
StephenF
Grafter

french mostly, im english but theres too many bloody french servers Tongue
also, the wow servers are ironically in paris too i think.
frenchy all around!
glad there was no problems with the payment and cheers for the awesomely quick response!
Chris
Legend

Your line stats are pretty nice

Downstream
Attenuation = 10.5
SNR Margin = 14
ErroredSeconds = 0
Speed = 8128

I think on your line we're safe to remove interleaving, which may knock 20ms off your ping times. The order to remove it happens on the next working day, and if you have any problems we can always reapply it the following working day.
Let me know if you'd like me to place the order, it won't cost you anything.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
StephenF
Grafter

sure mate,
go for it!
Chris
Legend

I'll go place the order, it should complete Monday morning so keep an eye on your connection and ping times after that.
StephenF
Grafter

will do and thanks again for the great support  Grin
Chris
Legend

Your interleaving order should have completed now. Keep an eye on your pings and let us know if you have any issues.
StephenF
Grafter

the new pings are absolutely excellent.
i am getting between 7-9ms on counter strike source servers (UK)
and WoW is really down to the server latency, but at the lowest times its around 40ms
very impressed and thank you so much for your brilliant technical support
Chris
Legend

I want those pings now Sad
Great to hear it's all working so well for you.
StephenF
Grafter

ill get you a really really really really long network cable  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

does your phone line go straight to the nearst NODE and bypass your exchange or somthing. this dogs howling for those pings guess al have to make do with 16-18ms  Cry
Myst
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
does your phone line go straight to the nearst NODE and bypass your exchange or somthing. this dogs howling for those pings guess al have to make do with 16-18ms  Cry

lol, 16-18, i'd be happy with double those stats, although only gone live here today, i have never done better than 65-70 as a rule and often higher!