cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalating a fault?

sgraham

Escalating a fault?

I'm now on my 6th day without phone or broadband, (I know, some have had much worse) but what I'm really miffed about is lack of updates.
Apart from the initial response to my fault report to say that a line test confimed that my line was indeed disconnected (i.e. I hadn't been hallucinating lack of dial tone or ADSL) I have had ONE message. And that one said that the fault was fixed when it wasn't.
As it happens, my Mum lives in a rural area (as I do), and had her line cut in the same stormy spell. Talktalk were in contact on her mobile by voice and text several times with information, and fixed a date, the morning of the 3rd day for fixing the line, and so it came to pass.
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but Talktalk's customer servive has been much. much better than Plusnet's.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesF2
Dabbler

Re: Escalating a fault?

6 days = pah!  I'm on day 12 with no phone line or BB. Come on Openreach get a move on. Come on plusnet get Openreach to get a move on.
Nothing personal sgraham just a way of letting off some of the increasing frustration.
jorvikmik
Grafter

A neighbour had no phone for just short of a month even though it was obvious the fault was more than likely in the exchange
- we have currently 2 accounts on the island where the phones are fine but no broadband since the 17th January and mine that has all but stopped since yesterday - about 1Mbps download when working and upload too slow for bt wholesale speedtest to read though I normally get about 6.5Mbps download. BT openreach are supposedly working on exchange fault for the two that have nothing.
There are 4 of us out of 5 plusnet customers with issues whilst the other 5 customers on the island are working ok with about 7Mbps download speed. We intend to enlist the assistance of our local MSP who takes seriously services that affect small communities and has recently contacted BT with similar problems elsewhere in the region. .The outages at the moment are affecting working lives for two households with one now looking likely to lose a lot of work and also school children are affected to some degree with their tuition.

scottjo
Dabbler

Sorry but 6 (or 12) days is nothing. I am up to 32 days without a phone service. I really sympathise with you about the lack of updates. The only pro-active mail I have had from this bunch of cowboys is my bill.
I hope that you get your issue resolved soon.
Jon