cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

unhappycustomer

Engineer no show

Plusnet admit it was their fault the engineer did not come as planned (installation of a new line was booked and paid for 3 weeks ago), then they say the next available date is in 1 weeks time. In the meantime we're left with no phone or internet even though we already paid.
As someone who works from home this is affecting my income. But why would anyone at plusnet care...they have my money already!!
I can't believe the service is going to get any better, so far I'm regretting ever even considering plusnet.
I've just returned to the UK from Germany...it was easier communcating in another language than with the liars at plusnet customer service - each time me and my other half rang them today they told us something different.
An absolute joke of a company, don't return calls when they say they will either...then again the engineer didn't come when he was supposed to, so I shouldn't have expected them to keep their word about a phone call!!!
Any suggestions how to either get someone from plusnet to actually give me a service i've paid for...or recommend another phone/ internet provider?
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer no show

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry about this.
I'm just spending some time now gathering details about what's happened and to gain as accurate a picture as I can as to why the order has been delayed, in turn leading to the engineer not turning up when you expected.
An absolute joke of a company, don't return calls when they say they will either.

It very much sounds like we've let you down directly too as well as through our suppliers not fulfilling the engineer visit. Please accept our apologies for that, I will dig into that and make sure feedback/training is given where appropriate. I'm just wondering if you can tell me when any call-backs were promised?
Moving forward I'm taking ownership of this case and I'm working with one of the managers of our provisioning team to look at the bigger picture of what's happened here, I'm sorry that we're unable to arrange a sooner appointment for you and I will ensure that we provide you with a gesture of good will after the install on the 10th completes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dirt
Dabbler

Hi ,we are having the same kind of problems as you.If your problem is not resolved to your satisfaction you can ask Plusnet for a deadlock letter and send this to CISAS .They will investigate and adjudicate your case.Details are found on the OFCOM site and the costs I believe are borne byPlusnet.This problem seems very common and I feel if enough people in the same boat do this maybe something will improve.We have had enough of excuses and lies.Consideration should be given to a compensation claim through the small claims court if CISAS is unable to resolve to your satisfaction.
something needs to be done along the lines of debilitating fines for their breaches of contract.How Plusnet can cosider themselves a communication is laughable .P.S. If they cant provide a service vote with your feet then take them to the cleaners.PPS if you go to small claims court get a baliff to serve the summons on Mr Jaime Ford(Plusnets CEO)LOL.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Really sorry to see that you've experienced a similar issue, looking at your account I can see that the manager of our complaints team has spoken to you by phone today and htat an engineer visit has been arranged for tomorrow.
They should be continuing communications with you about this and I hope to see this get resolved very soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I noticed in yesterday's Mail On Sunday another case of a "no show". After cancelling other services and waiting in for an engineer to install Infinity the BT customer was told that the reason for the "no show" was that it had been discovered that his area was not yet ready to receive the service!
http://js.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-2213924/TONY-HETHERINGTON-RBS-faces-tough-questions-I...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just thought I'd update your thread to say cheers for your time on the phone and I'm really glad to see that the line is in and working now.
Let me know if you have any further concerns.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team