cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer fails to attended, what if?

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Engineer fails to attended, what if?

Thanks ITWorks, have made a note of both of those links.

Much appreciated. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

Indeed, but as said in my post earlier chenks76, I did advise plusnet when they asked for an appointments that should the engineer fail to attend then I would charge them £50 - which in my mind at least carries the same weight as "had specifically asked them not to" 

I'm beginning to wonder whose side you are on friend, the consumer or the provider.

but what is in "your mind" doesn't equate to actuality.
i'm on no-ones side. i'm merely debating your stance that you think you have a right to invoice someone, when infact you don't.

can i invoice you for you wasting my time on this thread?
i am now stating that if you continue to do so then i will charge you £50 for each message directed at me Cheesy

Minivanman
Legend

Of course you can invoice me, that is your right and which is the whole point of this discussion. Not sure if it would succeed in the small claims court when I refuse to pay it though given that it was your choice to respond to these posts. Wink

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Minivanman wrote:

"Any claim from you would have to be lodged with Plusnet, and would have to be based on provable actual losses rather than just inconvenience"

Forgive me for saying so, but that does not always seem to be the case. This guy got paid £195 for his time plus the cost of electricity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20068927

He is to be applauded for fighting back against repeated harassment, but I don't really think it's a comparable case.

I'm sure I'd be mad as hell if BTOR didn't show up to fix my fault, but I don't think PN would feel obliged to compensate me for my frustration. It might well be a different matter if I could show that I was financially out of pocket as a result of a missed appointment.

It's a rotten system, and I'd like to see Ofcom decree that customers are compensated for no shows by the ISP, who would have to then claim from BTOR - might focus a few minds.  Ticked_off

Can't see it happening any time soon...  Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Minivanman
Legend

Ah yes, but in that particular case he was not financially out of pocket was he, apart from his electricity. I do recall somewhere a little time back that a value had been placed on a person's time even where they had not taken time off work and were retired for example. None of this is about something for nothing, it's about being fair...... and liable. I've been getting the run around from plusnet/BT for the last six months and for that alone we should be able to hold somebody to account surely?

We'll see anyway, I've sharpened my pencil and I'm licking the end of it as we speak!

Herman Melville
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@Minivanman wrote:

Of course you can invoice me, that is your right and which is the whole point of this discussion. Not sure if it would succeed in the small claims court when I refuse to pay it though given that it was your choice to respond to these posts. Wink

and that's the same response you would get if you tried to invoice plusnet or openreach.

Minivanman
Legend

You may be right, maybe. 

Herman Melville