cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't arrive - no call

andybrod

Engineer didn't arrive - no call

I was looking forward to upgrading my Plusnet broadband to Plusnet fibre broadband in time for Christmas. I ordered the “ultimate broadband and phone package” on the 3rd of December and had an engineer’s appointment for the 16th December. 
No visit, no phone call.
The next day I called plusnet first thing in the morning and after 20 mins got through, was put on hold for 10 mins without explanation and then was told that he couldn’t transfer me to the right department that could let me know what was going on. 
Today I was called in the morning and told that “your Fibre order has unfortunately been cancelled as this has clashed with the home phone transfer order that was in place”. I don’t understand as this was ordered together with the fibre broadband, and last week my router arrived in the post.
I’ve been told that “I have re-placed the order for you and the earliest appointment we have is 31/12/2013 between 8AM & 1PM”.
I am now wondering whether to cancel the whole lot.
13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Engineer didn't arrive - no call

Cheers for your time on the phone.
As per my explanation I'm sorry about the cancellation which was caused by an unfortunate mishandling of your order. I've placed an expedite request for a new fibre appointment and as promised I'll be back in touch to confirm this with you later today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mongoose1

Adam,
it's good to see your presence on this forum. Like Andy, I also ordered fibre and phone and had an engineer booked in for the 16th - who failed to materialise - and neither your contractor or Plusnet made an attempt to notify on the day, or subsequently apologise.
Would you mind following up on my order - which despite using your email Help Assistant to notify yourselves 48 hours ago (78165569) of the issue hasn't yet been answered.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mongoose1
Cheers for your time on the phone.
As explained this happened because the amendment from the original date of the 23rd was rejected by our suppliers, however we should have checked that for which I apologise.
I've arranged a gesture of good will and I'll update ticket 78165569 with the details shortly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andybrod

Thanks for your phone call yesterday Adam. I’m waiting for a phone call about the new fibre appointment. Any news?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, sorry I've not been able to get back to you yet. I've not had a response about the expedite. I'm going to chase this up now for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andybrod

I last heard from Adam at Plusnet with a voice mail on the 20th to say the expedite request had been rejected due to a system issue with the suppliers called an exception and couldn't be brought forward form the 31st December.  Adam said he would keep an eye on the order to make sure it doesn't delay beyond this date. So I'm assuming its all set for  tomorrow.  I'll make sure I'm at home tomorrow and will let you know if the engineer arrives or fails to show up again.
skench

Similar issues I've been having with Openreach. First booked engineer appointment on 19th November, called to confirm 18th November to be told was 'with the planning team for cable and jointing work', then it was 'waiting for the builders to confirm all ducting and cabling work has been complete at the property' - which it had been since October or before, then that 'Our suppliers have confirmed that all external line work needed to complete your order has now been scheduled in' and I would have an appointment on 20th December. No show, to be told wait for a call on 30th Dec, now had that call, to be told wait for a call on 6th January. What a shambles. Placed the initial order on 26 October, looks like it's going to be 3 months + before getting connected. No one ever has taken the time to contact me about these delays without being chased up both online and on the phone. Looks like I'll have to take yet more time off work to wait for an engineer who never shows up. (77379820)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andybrod, we're definitely still on for the appointment tomorrow.
@skench, really sorry to read about the problems with your order. I can see this is in hand with our provisioning team who will be chasing that up again ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
skench

Thanks @_Adam_Walker_ ! hope it can be resolved sharpish.
andybrod

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Andybrod, we're definitely still on for the appointment tomorrow.

Guess what? No engineer again today. Lovely sunny day, I would have been out with the family if I hadn't been stuck in. A guy called Tony called from Plusnet at around 12.30pm to ask me if the engineer had been and called again at 1.30pm to tell me it probably wouldn't be happening today.
I got an email today to tell me my product change is now complete???
I'm thinking I can probably live without fibre broadband.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see Tony has this in hand at the moment, he'll be in touch later on today to sort something out with you - certainly hoping it's good news and that it's sorted soon for you.
andybrod

Halleluja! Engineer arrived yesterday morning to connect us. Lets hope Plusnet gets back on top of things to deserve its good reputation for customer service.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team