cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer No Show

leonaplusnet

Engineer No Show

Taken day off to wait for engineer, 8am to 1pm, no one has come
Tried customer support, but 'due to high volume your call is in a 15 minute queue'.
And what's this, about needing your username and password, Really? my password is randomly generated, so looks like +34];_=aEk!<qx;p , (that isn't it of course, its just an example) so you really want me to read that out?  like 'plus sign, 3, 4, right square bracket' you must be joking!  This is why there should be an account password, broadband password and maybe a support one too so you don't use the SAME password for Everything!
Leona, still waiting!
3 REPLIES 3
leonaplusnet

Re: Engineer No Show

Now been in a queue for 15 minutes...........
"we're sorry to making you wait, all our advisor's are busy"
Think Plusnet need to employ more advisor's!
leonaplusnet

Ok, when I got through to customer services, they told me that BT No Longer come to the house, OpenReach no longer do managed installs, now I thought I'd need a second box (a fibre modem, as a friend who recommended me to plusnet has).
So although I got a text to say an engineer would call, they now only connect to the cabinet and no call out needed, so I didn't need to take a day off work, thanks for that.
Appears that I am on line now, I wanted to use my own router, as I have specific settings, I hope the I am replicate on the plusnet hub.
Thanks and Regards
Leona.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

BT openreach used to send a engineer to install FTTC and supply the VDSL modem.  The ISP would supply the router.
The engineer would install a faceplate filter on the master socket to isolate the internal phone wiring from the VDSL signal.
VDSL being prone to speed reductions if the internal phone wiring is suboptimal.
Openreach no longer supply VDSL modems, leaving ISPs to supply "one box" integrated VDSL modem routers.
Richard