cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Issues

matchesmalone

Engineer Issues

Having switched to Plusnet on hearing their customer service was excellent, I booked an installation for the 21st. I recieved an e-mail confirmation, and a few text confirmations. My flatmate waited at the house all day for installation, and when it reached 1pm (the end of our installation window) I called to try and sort out the issue (as the account was in my name), I was told there was "no way for them to get in contact with the engineers once they were out", but that he should be around soon.
My flatmate waited until 3pm, and when I called again, I was *then* told that the engineer had never been booked, despite the confirmation you'd sent. I was told, after two hour-long phone calls that we would not be having internet that day. That it would have to be booked, and that we'd receive confirmation by yesterday.
Obviously, I haven't received any confirmation.
We need this to run our businesses, and now we have an undertermined amount of time to wait until we receive internet. On top of this, My flatmate had to take the day off, losing out to clients he could've seen.
As we called twice, and we not told until the second call that we had no one coming, I need to know how to go about claiming for the money my flatmate lost out on as well as the money I wasted calling customer services.
I also STILL do not have a date for internet installation. When will my internet be installed?
Thank you,
Matches Malone.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Engineer Issues

Seems like a very common cause for complaint on here at the moment - orders not going through (why?) and no one telling the end user.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Matches,
Sorry about the issues on the order, I'll be in the office tomorrow afternoon and will take a look at things for you, I'll send you a message on your account about what will happen next and ensure the order is in place
matchesmalone

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate your help.
Is there a customer service representative we can speak to about getting re-imbursed for the calls and the wasted time? We have the logs of the calls, and wouldn't care about claiming the time were it not that we could've been told at 1pm, when we first called, that there was no one coming, and my flatmate could've seen two clients in that time, so he has lost out on £120 just between 1pm and 3pm.
I will be taking this to small claims if I can't get a re-imbursement. I paid for a service that hasn't been delivered, and am paying even more through company negligence.
Again, I appreciate this isn't your fault, and do really appreciate you checking this out for me.
dick:quote
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@matchesmalone
Details on claiming are here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Smiley
I've sent you a message on your account about the situation including a description of what happened, I have booked you a new appointment and will keep an eye on things for you until you get connected
Paul
matchesmalone

Hi Paul.
I've got your message about installation on the 3rd of November, but I've also received a text saying my internet will be active by the 5th of November. Could you please explain why that is? Thanks.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update Matches,
I've checked the order, our automated systems confirmed the other date in error, this can be ignored, the confirmed date from Openreach is  for the 3rd, I will keep an eye on things our side though to make sure there are no further issues

Paul