Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract dates

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

End of contract dates

Starting tomorrow all fixed broadband, mobile, home phone and pay TV providers will be required to implement Ofcom’s end-of-contract notification system (sent by text, email or letter),

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/02/end-of-contract-letters-to-start-for-uk-broadband-isps...

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: End of contract dates

There was a MoneyBox episode on this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000f77g, well worth a listen.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

"The best deals offered by their provider, including telling loyal customers what prices are available to new customers"

But are plusnet really and properly implementing that part?

I see on another thread a plusnet rep is still advising calling the options team even when in receipt of their "best deal" email end of contract notification.

So if plusnet are still requiring customers to go cap in hand to their options team for the "best deal" what has really changed?

I would have expected the email to have the real best deal and a link to get it and that's that. If it isn't then it doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the new regulations.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

They have to tell you what the deals are for new customers - but these may not be available to the customer.

I think they can still ask you to call to get the best deal for yourself.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @all,

@dvorak is pretty much correct here, we do already provide end of contract notifications to our customers who have signed up after August 2018 - this generally provides the best deal available at the time for that customer specifically. As I've said on previous threads deals and offers do change constantly so it is always worth calling the Options team to discuss what pricing we can offer in relation to other providers.

Thanks