Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Why am I raising this

The reason is that Plusnet send their emails out assuming that html is enabled and that linked images aren't blocked

A case in point - and why I am raising it - is that the welcome to your mobile email with a link or links for activating/explaining about the account was totally incomprehensible when viewed in plain text mode in webmail

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

Plain text and block images are the defaults I use on my email client. HTML emails only serve to bloat an already congested Internet and are, in my opinion, a total waste of bandwidth. Adding a vanilla http://... to an email is so easy to copy and paste should it be needed.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Emails from Plusnet should include a - if you can't read this click here option

I believe my copy of MS Outlook blocks images and often offers the option to open the email in a browser.

I say "I believe" because I can find no way of enabling embedded images in Outlook settings so it could be my Kaspersky which is doing the deed.

With some emails including Plusnet ones I have opened them on my phone to see missing content.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Strat I've got an Office 365 subscription so am running the latest version of Outlook where the image download settings can be found at File->Options->Trust center->Trust center settings (it should be similar for other versions.)

officetrustsettings.PNG

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Thanks @Browni but I have tried that and a number of other solutions including registry hacks but with no success.

Letting the systems look after such security settings is probably the wisest option and I can live with that.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Thanks @Oldjim, I've passed your feedback on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I use Mozilla Thunderbird which asks me if I want to display images.  The email PN sent me when my contract was about to expire included a link to click on if I couldn't see/read the email.  I'm not sure if all PN emails have this facility.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is interesting and isn't something I can easily check but I wonder if the mobile related ones are different in that the link almost certainly takes you to the ticket on the account and the mobile account doesn't have that equivalent