cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email after cancellation?

julesandsand
Grafter

Email after cancellation?

I was with PN years ago and left to go to Zen and, because I had referred someone could still receive (but not send) email from my old PN account. I've left again recently to go with a non-throttling LLU provider. Whilst my account was active I referred my son but now my account has now been cancelled (what a struggle THAT was), I'm not getting emails from my PN account - is this correct?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Email after cancellation?

julesandsand,
When cancelling an account with us we give you an option to either close the account altogether or downgrade it to a free pay as you go account. The latter option is the one that allows you to continue receiving mail, it's not actually dependent on you referring anyone.
If you would like me to re-open the account as a free one so you can receive mail to your Plusnet address please let me know and I can put that into place for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
julesandsand
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I definitely wasn't given that option at cancellation. I don't remember being given it last time but I most definitely wouldn't swear to that - unreliable memory!
Please re-open my account as a free one.
Do I need to give you my username?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
No problem, I've been able to trace your account as its linked to your community username at our end. I'll reopen it now for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
julesandsand
Grafter

Thanks.
greyposter
Grafter

Please do the same for me-swan47.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi greyposter,
As your migration out hasn't yet completed I can't make the change now, however I can see you've requested that the account be moved to a free dial up on your ticket. That should ensure that once the migration goes through you'll maintain access to your email.
greyposter
Grafter

Cheers.  Smiley