Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy move

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Easy move

I've been meaning to record my compliments for the recent move of my Business ADSL service.
I wasn't sure of the date of completion for our move so I left the move notice to Plusnet until the last moment.  We moved house about 150 miles from London on two days notice. I was expecting to have to wait for a couple of weeks before PN could arrange a circuit move. When I phoned PN they offered a 2 working day expedited move for an additional fee of circa £100. I paid the money and two days later plugged in the ADSL modem from the old house into the phone point at the new place and switched it on. It worked immediately with no tinkering, I found I'd even retained my old static IP address range. There wasn't even the need to wait for an Openreach engineer to visit the building, all of the work was done remotely.
The added bonus was that my copper line ADSL jumped from 8 mbs to 21 mbs at my new (200 year old) house.
Well done PlusNet.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easy move

Thanks very much for the feedback, AlaricAdair, I'll make sure this is passed on. I'm glad we've managed to make the broadband move hassle free for you. Do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Rob
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: AlaricAdair
When I phoned PN they offered a 2 working day expedited move for an additional fee of circa £100.

Just for information, is that option available to home users as well as business customers?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi w23
I *think* it's available on residential as well but it's been a while since I've worked on the consumer side so I'm not entirely sure. I'll let one of the Digi Care team confirm on Monday  Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks Rob,
As I said, it's just for information, in case anyone may find a need. Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay in aswering this one for you.
Having checked with the residential provisioning guys, I can confirm that residential ADSL and FTTC orders can be expedited at a cost of £132 for ADSL, £192 for FTTC (inc .VAT)
Cheers
Rob