cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

johnhigh10

Have recently ordered broadband and telephone with Plus Net. Although broadband seems OK I am unable to use E-mail.
More importantly, the customer/service support seems almost non existant. I am either asked to do something or support
say they will try something but in either case there is no follow up because I have to phone back when the problem hasn't
changed. I have spent ages on the phone, mainly waiting to be answered and when I do get through I have to follow the  same proceedure as previous. I have now got to the stage where my next move is to cancel my order and sign up with some
other provider. There are plenty available!
Very, very unhappy John Spilsbury
6 REPLIES 6
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: E-mail

Hi John,
when you say you can't use e-mail, is this Webmail or trying to use a client such as Outlook Express?
I presume you are talking about an e-mail address that is of the form - name@username.plus.com ?
(don't post your exact names in public for security).
pierre_pierre
Grafter

try here, step by step instructions and also a video http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/index.shtml?supporta=emailsetupguides
johnhigh10

My problem of being unable to send e-mail from Windows Mail was very quickly resolved by Richard (don't have a second name)
who found I was still connected to my previous provider when IP Address was displayed at 192.168.1.2
Probably my fault but I was not aware of this address. It's undoubtedly mentioned somewhere in the instructions.
Thanks to all who tried to help.
Regards
John S
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just a point for the future - that IP address is the one allocated to your PC by the router not the one which connects to the internet. For that you would need to interrogate the router
rollju

I'm having the same problem John. Someone was suppposed to call me back and didnt....so if you get a help operator dont let them fob you of with calling back!
I cant send emails from Outlook 2007. I can webmail but my outlook doesnt got those emails. Weirdly the account settings says I pass all the checks when you send the est message, alto it nver arrives. It's not very impressive is it?
James
Grafter

@johnhigh10
I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems.
I uinderstand that you were able to speak to someone who helped you getting your email to work, by checking you had the right settings and talking you through a few changes in your router settings.  I hope that everything is now fine.
@rollju
Are you still having problems?  Is there anything I could help with?