cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duped!!

timanddawn

Duped!!

My old router packed last week.  I called plusnet who explained they would renew my contract for 12 months, send a new router and I would benefit from a three month intro deal at £5.99.  Router received, terrible customer support help and then I discover that I am being billed £30.+ for the pleasure.  On highlighting this I get an apology and told that I was incorrectly advised.  No response since Wed and they deduct money on Sat.  I think this is fraudulent.  Does anyone have any other experience on this?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Duped!!

Lots - the billing system can go wrong at times but in the end you get your money back.
I won't link to the various threads as it would only depress you.
I assume from your post that you changed from an older product to Value and you are in a Market 1 or 2 exchange. Plusnet will honour the promised lower price for 3 months - a rep will pick this up and sort it I'm sure
You are not on a 12 month contract but on 10 days notice. The only cost for cancelling before 12 months is that you have to pay for the router.
I have removed the poll as it isn't relevant - you aren't on a 12 month contract
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Jim seems to have covered most of the points, I'll ask one of the team to come and reply to you to confirm but from what I can see no account change to Value has been scheduled?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Please accept our apologies if this issue has not been dealt with in a clear or transparent way. It does look like agent you requested the account change has forgotten to schedule your change to Plusnet Value, we also hope that you accept our apologies for this error.
Our intentions are to rectify this and schedule a change to Value on the next invoice date which is 20/05/2010. Also when the pending direct debit  has cleared we will refund the difference between the £10.99 broadband subscription and the original offer of value at a lead price of £5.99 ergo we will refund £5. Please bear in mind that direct debits can take up to a week to clear and then 5 working days to refund.
With regards to the change when we schedule this it will be at the new lead price for Value initially which is now £6.49 so we will apply a 50 pence discount per month to the first 3 months to bring it in line with the original lead price that we offered.

I hope this clarifies our actions and intentions to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team