cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dreadful service

What has happened to your customer service, Plusnet?
I received an email yesterday telling me you had received my request to add caller display to my phone account. I had not requested this, so checked my account online. Sure enough, it was showing that caller display was awaiting activation.
I called customer services, and while waiting to get through, received another email telling me that caller display had now been activated.
After waiting a long time, I got through to a customer service assistant - who first of all seemed to find the situation amusing - he actually laughed out loud. Until I pointed out in no uncertain terms that I did not find it funny that plusnet had added a chargeable item to my account without me requesting or agreeing to it.
He could not come up with any reasonable explanation for this mysterious addition, but apparently did manage to cancel caller display. I also asked him to confirm in a ticket that I would not be charged, and asked him to close 3 of the 4 open tickets on my account.
Half an hour later a ticket appeared on my account, but this was about a customer referral and nothing to do with me. This was followed a few minutes later by another ticket telling me to ignore the last one. What I did not get was any ticket relating to my call. Nor did he close the three open tickets as requested.
After a further call, involving another lengthy wait, I finally got through to someone who did as I requested.
I still do not know why the caller display addition happened, and so have little faith that it will not happen again. It surely can not be right that chargeable items are added to my account without my approval.
Sadly this is not the first time I have had such shoddy service from the team on the phones. A couple of weeks ago I had problems with my adsl connection dropping. It took three attempts to get through to someone who actually looked into it for me. The first time the call dropped and I was not called back, the second time the member of staff refused to look into my issues because I had not had the requisite number of drops in 24/72 hours. It was only after giving up with him that I worked out that I HAD had the requisite number and called back to find someone who did resolve the problem.
I had a similar experience with problems removing caller display a couple of weeks ago - again it took three calls to find someone who would help.
And I now have a simple question regarding my account which has been waiting for a response for over 65 hours.
I see in another thread someone has said.  'I'd rather wait longer for good support than have my call answered in 5 seconds by some monkey who hasn't got a clue what they're doing'. The trouble is, at the moment with Plusnet you can wait a long time for support and still get someone who hasn't a clue.
I would welcome a response from plusnet on this.
A very unhappy customer
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Dreadful service

Hi alanj,
Sorry for the wait you've had in getting through to us. I've taken a look through to see why caller display had been added and it was done by a colleague  trying to resolve the issue with removing caller display previously. When he tried to remove this from your account(so it was not chargeable) he inadvertently added it to your account. It did take a little digging to find our why and I've also passed this information on to my colleague that you spoke with about it.
I've also updated your ticket regarding billing query.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris
Thanks for the response and for the reply on my billing enquiry ticket.
I'm afraid I don't find the reason for caller display appearing again yesterday very plausible... It was finally removed from my account over a week ago, so I'm not sure why your colleague was fiddling with my account yesterday.
I also note that you do not address the, frankly, appalling customer service issues I raised other than to apologise for the waiting time. The lengthy wait to get through is bad enough but once you do get through, to receive the dreadful service I received yesterday is totally unacceptable. And to have a member of plusnet staff laughing at what had happened is beyond belief.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Sorry, I have should I say passed the feedback you have left regarding the siltation you went through and were left in to my colleagues line manager who will look further into that as it is not acceptable.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Chris.