cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful customer service so far and it is only day 3!

scudder44
Dabbler

Dreadful customer service so far and it is only day 3!

Signed up for Plusnet on Thursday morning and got quite excited about the speed they promised things would get set up in, 3-5 days for phone as it is a 'stopped line' they said and 5 - 7 for BB, all good you would think. Today I get an email informing me that 'an engineer appointment has been made for the 16th Feb pm', now that seemed odd as I had been told I did not require a visit. This email also told me if I missed the appointment I would becharged ANOTHER £49.99 for any further engineed visit. What exactly they mean by 'another' £49.99 is odd too as I have no intention of paying for any engineer!
This email said i should phone to confirm so i duly called the number provided and spent 13 minutes waiting for an answer and 12 minutes (all on an 0845 number at great expense) talking with a nice lady in India who couldn't really help, she even advised that I send the engineer away on the 16th if he was not required... well I have better things to do than sit in the house from 1-6pm waiting for an engineer I do not require just to send him away. Ridiculous!
Anyone else had such awful service?
I have posted two tickets in the 'My messages' help section, but have not had a reply or phone call from them, why am I not surprised.
Anyone recommend another service provider that can actually get things done without this hassle?
Regards
Scuds
8 REPLIES 8
Mand
Grafter

Re: Dreadful customer service so far and it is only day 3!

Hi there,
Looking into this it appears that the initial checks showed that there was a stopped line at your property, however now the order has been investigated by BT Openreach it looks like there is a ceased line there.
This means that an engineer is required, hence the appointment being booked.
Any other supplier would have the same issues and responses from Openreach.
scudder44
Dabbler

I might be being thick here but I understand that a ceased line would be dead, when i lift the receiver I get a dial tone.
I have also advised your staff twice that I am not contactable via the mobile and have provided my work number yet they continue to call the mobile and leave messages and SMS.
I would lie to discuss why the line status has changed since Thursday morning of the 28th Jan?
J
scudder44
Dabbler

PS, I paid for this line with BT for my tenant in Dec 2008 and they only moved out in Oct 2009 when I moved in so why should I have to pay again for connection?
scudder44
Dabbler

Mand, this is becoming a nightmare! Let me explain a bit more.
Up until Saturday lunchtime I had a dial tone and could call emergency services. It appears that Openreach did something on Saturday that disconnected the line completely and now there is no dial tone at all. I have left messages on the 'my message' in response to your comment.
I would very much appreciate a phone call to the number left on the my message page please.
J
scudder44
Dabbler

OK you can close this, I have had it sorted by the disconnects team and all charges are waived...
scudder44
Dabbler

Oh how I regret posting that last one liner... spoke too soon by the looks  of it, just when you think youa re getting somewhere some numpty goes and spoils your day.
Here is the message from a very nice chap in disconnects who really did not want me to cancel my order and we actually made progress.

Dear Mr ****,
As discussed on the telephone today i can confirm that you do not have to pay £49.99 for a new line install. As an offer of goodwill for the inconvenience this has caused i have discounted your service so that your first three months broadband service will be free

(internal)
Please can the order be processed at no cost to the customer
Kind regards,
BUT then this morning, up pops this message (from someone who obviously doesn't read! it was attached to the same message thread as the above kind message:-
Dear Mr ****,
As per my voice mail please be advised that the engineers appointment date for your new line installation is on 16/02/2010 at pm slot which is anytime between (13:30pm - 18:00pm). Should this appointment date be missed you will be liable for an extra £49.99 to re-book the appointment.If you require any further assistance please contact us on 084 514 00200.
ref: PLP136920
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 9th February at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Phone provisioning new provides until this time.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[Sms Message: As per my voice mail please be advised that the engineers appointment date for your new line installation is on 16/02/2010 at pm slot which is anytime between (13:30pm - 18:00pm). Should this appointment date be missed you will be liable for an extra £49.99 to re-book the appointment.]

Your comment 9:23am, Tuesday 2nd February 2010
The Question 31844639 has been released from hold and sent back to BOT - Phone provisioning new provides
Why is Mr [mremoved] telling me that this is a 'new line' installation with charges, we sorted this out yesterday and if you read the message above it states 'no charge'. I was also advised that the engineer WILL NOT require access to the property as this is NOT a new line installation, everything is already installed, lines connected and BT box insitu.
Please sort this out with the connections team and stop telling me that I have to be there for an engineer/new line installation that I do not require.
Kind regards

So, I am looking forward to a reply all day, but nothing, nada, rien, diddly squat. I was under the impression that messages would be answered withing so many hours? I simply cannot believe how stressful this has turned out to be.
jim:csa
Lurker
Grafter

Messages used to be answered fairly quickly, but whichever way you look at it, PN either have too many problems, or not enough staff, so ticket answers take an age.
You've done the right thing by posting here though, PN tend (as most companies do) to oil the squeaky wheel.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Firstly I'm sorry about the problems you've had so far.
The install has been arranged without charge, so the fee will only apply if the engineer can't get access and we need to rebook.
I've checked the order, and have spoken to Openreach about the line status.
They're adamant that the line is not in a state to be used, so an engineer will need to attend, and will need access to the premises.