cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful Service

fedupcustomer
Dabbler

Dreadful Service

PlusNet has terrible customer care: waiting 40 minutes for them to pick up the phone on Monday (they said it was because of the storm(that DIDNT hit Sheffield). It took 30 minutes for them to answer on Wednesday. Rude ineffective staff. Second time their service has failed me.
Loads of extra charges: if I went over 5GB they would whack charges on me even if I hadn't used any bandwidth for the previous month. Money pinching . And same with getting my internet going again now, so I have had enough and moved to BT who have better deals and a service team that actually care and answer phones!! Wow. DO NOT USE PLUSNET
28 REPLIES 28
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Dreadful Service

Disregarding the main point of the grumble which I will leave to staff to respond to  - I suggest that you consider one of the new products - even the cheapest one has 10GB usage
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there,
I'm really sorry that you have had a difficult time getting in touch with us. I appreciate that the wait times have been much longer than we'd like - I am really sorry for this.
I've taken a look through your account and can see that you're on the 10GB product. You've not exceeded your usage as far back as I can see, so I am unsure what has caused you a problem there. If you exceed your 10GB usage allowance, an extra 5GB will be added which is charged at £5. If you'd prefer to go Unlimited, we'd be more than happy to discuss your options further.
If you could let us know if there is something specific we can help with, I'd be more than happy to help if I can.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"so I have had enough and moved to BT"
Looks like they've already jumped ship!
Finguz
Grafter

Out of the frying pan and into the raging inferno Grin
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
Edit: Damn it sorry Strat, I'm sure I will remember to stop doing that eventually  Crazy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

The word Lemming comes to mind...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CofBristol

This one looks like a big unnecessary own goal.
I have a simple amendment to make to an order.
It is not possible to do it on a self service and I cannot find the expected obvious email / contact form.  It is truly an easy query, needs a truly simple email reply and thats it.
Instead I spent 50 minutes waiting for a line response tonight and then was cut of mid strream and phoned back again to be cut off at 21:10 after hanging on for another 45+ minutes. 
My phone bill does not mind 90 minutes on the line but actually it would be better with hold music that did not continuously break up and I could hear it whilst in the shower.
It would be really easy to be fantastically better than both Virgin and BT but not achieving it yet.
javascript:void(0);
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I personally cannot fault plusnets service always been first class from day and even if there is an issue plusnet are always on the ball to put things right when they do go wrong.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you need to contact Plusnet through the website visit the Contact Us link at the top of any of the website pages and work from there. Contact Us gives both telephone contact numbers and a link to the Help Assistant which will take you to this page. Click an appropriate heading (eg Customer Services) and category (and possibly also subcategory) until you are shown a ticket form to complete and submit. You will be notified by email (and SMS if selected) when the ticket has been responded to, and a prompt will appear on the Member Centre home page.
Going through the Heading and categories helps to get the query directed to the appropriate ticket pool.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: CofBristol
This one looks like a big unnecessary own goal.
I have a simple amendment to make to an order.
It is not possible to do it on a self service and I cannot find the expected obvious email / contact form.  It is truly an easy query, needs a truly simple email reply and thats it.
I would assume that you can probably do it via this link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22948&wizard_id=38 assuming that they have set up your account which I assume they have for you to post on here
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: fedupcustomer
so I have had enough and moved to BT

Well good luck there mate, you'll soon regret it. I wouldn't use those sharks as an ISP ever again after being one of their 0808 victims years ago. Stuff that. They're nothing but trouble.
All I can say is that we're happy PN customers. Granted we weren't always but things got sorted out by James and compared to BT they're a godsend.
You come back to PN and get James to sort out your issues. He's really good and making customers into happy customers.
Most here will tell you that I speak my mind - just ask OldJim. If I'm saying PN are reliable (once they get you sorted out) then I am telling you the truth. We did have issues but they got those sorted and we've had minimal hassle since then.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
fedupcustomer
Dabbler

it seems quite a few people know better than me about my experiences! To be honest the cost that PN charge me is £25 a month for 10GB. I get cheaper with every other supplier. Plus the extra £5 charges they occasionally put on. Plus the fact that the service is down (again!) and has been for 2 weeks. The customer service (if you are fortunate enough to have nothing else in your life to do other than listen to 'white noise' holding music for 40 minutes, so that you can speak to them) is rude, abrupt and unhelpful. My router is broken AGAIN yet they refuse to believe me, tell me they have to do all the diagnostics , blah blah blah. and pay AGAIN for another router.
The online help never got back to me. The customer service showed no interest in keeping me as a customer. I re-iterate again: PlusNets advertising about customer service is total rot.
They had a chance to keep my custom and weren't bothered, so I will take my money elsewhere (as it cant be a worse service): I AM STILL WITHOUT INTERNET
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I can see that you've changed providers now - I'm really sorry I was not able to help you any further.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help at all.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

so I have had enough and moved to BT who have better deals and a service team that actually care and answer phones!!

I AM STILL WITHOUT INTERNET

Shocked
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Apprentice
Grafter

PlusNet has terrible customer care: waiting 40 minutes for them to pick up the phone on Monday (they said it was because of the storm(that DIDNT hit Sheffield). It took 30 minutes for them to answer on Wednesday. Rude ineffective staff. Second time their service has failed me.
Loads of extra charges: if I went over 5GB they would whack charges on me even if I hadn't used any bandwidth for the previous month. Money pinching . And same with getting my internet going again now, so I have had enough and moved to BT who have better deals and a service team that actually care and answer phones!! Wow. DO NOT USE PLUSNET

Hope all goes well for you with your move to BTr broadband, if you have problems with their CS try this forum for advice.
I've just recently moved to Plusnet and so far so good, hope it stays that way!