Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to 'Free' Account

paxy
Grafter

Downgrade to 'Free' Account

Hi
I've put this in feedback as I have tried to talk to COT but they didn't seem to understand - so it's feedback as well as an outstanding question.....
I want to downgrade my account to a 'Free' account at some point (dial up PAYG would be fine) because I am going to leave Plusnet (Sadly stuck on a market 1 exchange that now has Sky and Talk Talk who completely smash anything Plusnet can offer).
However, I would like to keep the benefit of the hard work i have done in getting referrals.
The referrals FAQ suggest referrals will continue to be paid on a free account:
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_help.shtml
5. How are referral discounts and earnings paid?
If you have a free account: Each month that a referred customer pays their subscription, the referral value for their product is credited to your account. When this credit exceeds £5, it is paid to your account via BACS or Direct Debit.
Plusnet pages suggest dial up is still available as a free account:
http://www.plus.net/products/residential/payg/payg_standard.html
How on earth do I get the helpline to make the change at the appropriate point?  I understand Plusnet would like to keep me as a paying customer, but I have been given incorrect information on the phone which seems to contradict what the help pages suggest - please help team!
Thanks, Paxy
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Downgrade to 'Free' Account

Hi Paxy,
This is possible so I'm going to get this arranged for you. Someone will be in-touch today.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Downgrade to 'Free' Account

A colleague tried to call you but didn't get an answer, we've arranged this for you now and updated your ticket too.