Pro
Fixes: 1

Don't ask for a direct debit date change

14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Don't ask for a direct debit date change

So it may or may not have been a mistake but not a bad outcome for being called that word

Plusnet apologised and offered him £250 plus six months’ free internet. It confirmed Heslop has now been sacked.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

despite the compensation , this should have never happened Ticked_off

even once is too many , they cant be that hard up for staff they employed idiots

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Try blaming this one on BTOR!

Six months free broadband?  Firstly, that's hardly enough, and secondly, I thought he wanted to leave, so free PN BB is not worth anything to him.  It's like holiday companies that respond to complaints about their holidays by offering another holiday with them.

He should have taken it to court since he had the evidence; he would have got a lot more than £250.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Flagged for attention. Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

@Jonpe wrote:

He should have taken it to court since he had the evidence; he would have got a lot more than £250.

taken it to court for what exactly?
what law has been broken?

to be fair, two things spring to mind there.
1) clearly it seems like a slip of the tongue by the advisor, something that a few BBC newsreaders have done live on tv/radio too. unless anyone is suggesting that the advisor did this on purpose knowing the calls are being recorded?

i also wonder how much this guy for to taking the "story" to the sun. no doubt he's done very well out of this.
he's got £250 compensation, the free from the sun and got the advisor sacked.
maybe he'll use the money to get that boil lanced off his face.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Defamatory remark removed as well as swear avoidance as per Forum rules.

Jonpe
Hero

Any good lawyer would be able to find grounds for a lawsuit, just think of the mental trauma the customer suffered and perhaps is still suffering.  They might even go for Freedom from Degrading Treatment guaranteed by the HRA.  PN don't part with £250 for no good reason.

The media slip-up regarding, for example, Jeremy Hunt is understandable, but how can you confuse Knott with the C-word?  Does the adviser have Tourette syndrome, in which case he is in the wrong job?  People forget about cameras and microphones after a while, and what are the chances of the recordings being reviewed?

He wouldn't have got much for this story from the Sun; now if he'd slept with a footballer, that would have been worth a few bob.

The growth on the customer's forehead looks like a wart, or possibly an age-related skin tag, but definitely not a boil, and is totally irrelevant.  The adviser would not have known what the customer looked like, and - fortunately for many (most?) of us - PN do not expect all their customers to look like models. Laugh

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Would be interesting if everyone here posted a selfie 😄
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@rongtw wrote:
Would be interesting if everyone here posted a selfie 😄

I tried - but the camera broke!  Cry

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero

You can't be the only one; O2 have had to start offering free screen replacement on their phones.

chenks76
All Star

@Mav what "swear avoidance" was in the post?
again, i wasn't trying to avoid any swear filter!

quoting [-Censored-] from the article is not attempting to avoid anything. it is quoting the article!
common sense clearly being avoided it seems!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

@chenks76

The word you quoted is in the swear filter therefore the way it was used was avoidance hence the mod note to that effect the same in the above post.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

chenks76
All Star

sorry but that is an utter male testicle response.
as i said, common sense avoidance.

and for the record, i DIDN'T "quote the word" that is in the swear filter.
i quoted the four characters that is in the article, and those four characters in that order are NOT in the swear filter.

at times like this i enjoy playing the xylophone - http://www.limmy.com/xylophone/

Mav
Fixes: 514

@chenks76

You are nit-picking and are fully aware of the forum rules.

If you are unhappy with my moderating then feel free to follow the procedure laid out in the afore-mentioned forum rules.

If you ever have reason to question the actions of a moderator you should try and resolve your issue directly with the moderation team via Private Message (PM), if your issue is not resolved please contact the Plusnet Help Team via PM. They will liaise with the moderators and make a final decision on your case.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Mind you I have to admit, there have been many times I would have liked to have used that word to someone, but you have to exercise a bit of constraint, and not say what you really think.

That person did not do it.

I made some comment to a female friend of mine and said something like "Don't you sometimes want to tell people what you really think" (i.e. swears). She said "All the time".