cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not use plusnet

cymon

Do not use plusnet

Just advising do not use Plusnet I cancelled my order but they still took over my line had to chase for a router once I realised they were acually supplying me and now won't refund me my termination fees email sent to ofcom and watchdog  totally disgusted with there customer service 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Alteration of Plusnet name edited as per Forum rules.

7 REPLIES 7
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Do not use plusnet

Good luck with that.., you're better off taking out a 'Small Claims' through your local County Court. It costs about £75 last time I used it but it's refundable if you win your case. Big companies don't usually bother showing up when summoned to attend.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

By your saying you had to chase for the router I take it that you actually used the service. If that is the case your chances of getting all your money back are very significantly worse than they would have been if you had never used the service!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cymon

I decided to stay with them as it was that  get my line removed or takes another 2 weeks for someone else to take me over  they had said they would cover my termination fees since its there error but there now saying they cant refund me

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

so you weren't that disgusted then it seems.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that you're unhappy with the decision not to refund you until we've received a copy of the statement showing the fees have been paid, unfortunately for a refund of this amount we would ask for that before issuing a refund.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cymon

I thoug i would give them a change since I needed broadband to keep working and couldn't wait another 2 weeks I'm disgusted at the service I've received since I was never told I would have to use my own money to pay for there error £200 is a lot of money as u have said I can't afford to pay that then wait however long for u to send a cheque then cash it I have been offered to give u the no so u pay them personally yourself
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @cymon

I understand your frustration, however I'm sure you can understand that in order to pay a sum of money that large we have to have evidence that the bill was paid. I've spoken to our relevant departments and they're ready to go as soon as proof of payment has been received.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager