cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not switch to Plusnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devonian
Grafter

Re: Do not switch to Plusnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is another reason I will stay with Plusnet.
You still get an honest answer from the staff, even when it comes to admitting fault on a public forum.
amcclean
Rising Star

I have had an ongoing issue since about Oct/Nov PN have been more than helpful and supportive in their support. I don't know of any other ISP where you can actually get open honest support.
In my experience a lot of issues are down to the Wholesale / Openreach interface. Where PN make an error they are generally always able to listen and help. 
I say SWITCH to PN.
podman
artmo
Aspiring Champion

As I said in another thread yesterday I have had excellent service from PN this week in resolving a problem.
Also I can't fault BT Openreach.  I called into my exchange and spoke to their engineers and they were most helpful.
Best of all once I got my internet back again I found I am getting 14Mb instead of the 6Mb I had before so I am really pleased Smiley Smiley
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I've been with PN for about 5 years now and have always found the staff very good, and in many circumstances excellent. The only problem seems to be that because of the rapid expansion of the business - the need for yet more and more staff means that occasionally one gets through to an inexperienced member of staff. But as we see here - if you complain ( and try complaining to many other ISP's ) then senior staff pick up the issue and the issue is resolved.
It seems that the Openreach processes are the problem and PN staff usually try their best to resolve the problem.
I would definitely recommend PN to anyone - so I say DO switch to PN
Mal
tazmaniandevil
Grafter

I have just switched, and found the process extremely impressive compared with other providers. From my initial contact, to the eventual switching I found the entire process to be open, transparent, and very easy. There was a small glitch, which I expected following my conversations with Openreach engineers.
I think that one of the issues with Openreach contact is down to the use of automated systems. Working in a support role myself, I see failings in automated systems almost on a daily basis. From my experiences with switching, I think there is a need for more robust error checking. Human error will always be a problem, but as long as a company is willing to take ownership of these errors and offer some route to restitution, customers will always be more understanding. My previous provider refused point blank to accept any responsibility for the numerous errors made during the switching process.
I had reason to phone the contact centre, and while I was sat in a queue before talking to a real person, this was a free number. I have lost count of the number of times I have been kept hanging on premium rate numbers waiting to speak to someone with very poor English language skills. The person I spoke with was very polite, tried his best to explain what the cause of the problem was, and arranged a return contact for the next day during business hours.
Service like this is worth its weight in gold IMO and should be the benchmark for all other UK business models.
I say switch. I only wish I had come here in December instead of deciding it would be a good idea to have all my bills under one roof. That experience was simply not worth all the discounts and compensation I was given in lieu of decent service.
niekoneturiu

Good Morning All Good Peeps,
So, as of today I am back on line with PN!  Grin Grin
Can't say it was smooth or that it will be smooth in the future, but as of now I have internet. Haven't had a chance to check BB speed, but hopefully won't be less than 6mb. Can PN check what speed I am on at the mo? Otherwise will run few checks this evening.
Still not impressed with the compensation offered, but will let peeps from PN better their offer before I post something here.
I appreciate honesty of PN staff but I still believe that I should not have had to come here and "beg" for service to be re-connected when it was all their fault.
Anyway, happy for now Smiley
Thank you all.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Thanks for letting us know that you're up and running.
We're unable to check the status of your connection yet as our suppliers back end systems have populated all your lien details yet, as soon as they are, we can certainly take a look for you. You should be able to run a Speed Test all the same to find out what speeds you're experiencing.
We were already dealing with the expedite before you came onto the Forums, however, I appreciate that had mistakes not been made, the move over to ourselves could have been a lot more straight forward. I'll leave Luke from our Complaints Team to deal with the compensation offer.
If there is anything further we can help with, please do let us know.