cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Comment On A Support Query Or You'll Get Put To Back Of the Queue!!!

lucygooner

Do Not Comment On A Support Query Or You'll Get Put To Back Of the Queue!!!

My husband phoned PlusNet today regards our ongoing speed issues (which have yet to be resolved; detailed below).
He was told (by Kenneth) that our ticket had been put to the back of the queue because we posted follow-up comments on same (i.e. asked why our ticket has not been closed out; no one has called us regarding it, etc).
This weird expedient was, it seems:
(a) Self-evident to Kenneth, and would be to every customer,
(b) Satisfactory to Kenneth. Not unfair. Or inherently counter-intuitive (customers with major/ongoing issues are more likely to keep asking after them.)
So, if you have a problem with PlusNet don't - for God's sake - post any follow-up comments on same. Even if they fail to contact you for weeks (as in our case). Just shut-up, and wait until they deem you worthy of attention.
Is this part of the phone and broadband customer service that helped them win this year's Good Housekeeping Reader Recommendation?
PlusNet: another company that loses all interest in a client after they cease to be potential. The proper business of business these days is acquiring customers; not serving or keeping them.
PlusNet - We'll Do You Proud!

L

Hi Lucygooner,
Apologies for the delay in getting an update on the fault ticket for you. We seem to have had the results back from the suppliers fault testing and they couldn't identify an issue so have asked us to check back with you. I've updated the ticket for you if you can drop us a reply and we can pass the fault back to them if you're still seeing speed problems.

UPDATE
Hi Lucy, I've just noticed that your RADIUS logs have an interesting theme which could well have led to your speed problems. It looks like you may be turning your router off at set times in the day for long periods. Unfortunately this has been picked up by the exchange equipment as a possible fault which has lead to you being banded at the speed you're seeing.
The router is designed to be left turned on and connected at all times so this is why there has been a problem with this being turned off. Could you possibly leave this turned on and connected moving forward and we can take a look at getting the banding removed to bring the speeds up for you.

« Last Edit: 11/08/2014, 16:14 by Adam C »

Adam Cassim
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Twitter :: Facebook :: Plusnet Assist
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Do Not Comment On A Support Query Or You'll Get Put To Back Of the Queue!!!

Hello Lucy, this isn't very good at all. It's porbably a good idea if I try and ask some technical stuff over on your current broadband speed thread at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,130365.msg1135501.html
lucygooner

My comment was originally posted under the Broadband bracket, but moved here (not by me.)
Regards,
Anotherone
Champion

I've just posted on the thread linked in my last post. I suspect the mod moved this post here to get more visibility of your comments above as that aspect was indeed feedback, it's an issue with the ticket system we've all been moaning about for sometime. Roll_eyes
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: lucygooner
My comment was originally posted under the Broadband bracket, but moved here (not by me.)
Probably on the basis of the topic title mainly, it's sadly an issue (as noted above) that is well-known to "afficionados" but that PlusNet do not publicise or even seem to be able to address.  Cry
If you need any help/advice here regarding the technical aspects just say so and ideally start another thread in a relevant place, or ask here (suggesting a title) and (hopefully) a moderator will "clone" the relevant parts of initial post.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Lucy,
I've replied to your other thread here.
Anotherone
Champion

There's already a thread HP, see my reply #1  Wink Join the fray  Grin
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Anotherone
There's already a thread HP, see my reply #1  Wink Join the fray  Grin
Must try harder, and wake up earlier.  Embarrassed
Anotherone
Champion

Don't worry I've done the same before  Shocked
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Locked as this thread has got totally confused