cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied

debbieg

Dissatisfied

When I signed up, I was told I would get an email confirming the contactual details.  I was unable to sign in to my email and had to speak to the technical department - this was because my password had not been set up correctly (and the person I'd spoken to had not spelt out my password to confirm it).  I asked for the techie to sort out why I hadn't recieved the email and he promised he would.  I had to ring again and was told the email would be sent.  I received an email but it did not provide full details of the account.  I had to ring a third time and this time did recieve the emails summarising the contract.  
I sent an email and then found that the email had been configured incorrectly by PlusNet so that the reply was undeliverable.  This has now been fixed but required yet another 'phone call to sort it out.
I think this is very poor service - and I'm not even connected yet.  I am considering cancelling my contract unless I receive a satisfactory response.
21/05/12:  When i signed up, I asked if I would be able to keep my existing number.  I was told that it may be possible but if not, I would be contacted in a couple of days and informed of this and provided with the new number.  I have just rung up and was told that as it was a new line, there was no way I would have been able to transfer my number (not what I'd been told before) but no-one had bothered to tell me this or the number I would be given.
10 REPLIES 10
grudkin
Grafter

Re: Dissatisfied

Hi debbieg and welcome to the forums!
Sorry you have had problems with email and I'm sure a member of plusnet staff will be around on Monday to look into this for you and give you a satisfactory response!
I have now been a plusnet customer for over 3 years and I can honestly say that the service has been superb.
I am sure you will have no further problems but if you do these forums are a great source of assistance.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm very sorry that things have started like this, and hope they improve from here. It looks like everything is in hand at the moment and I can see you've now been advised of your new number, if there's anything we can chase up for you or update you on though please post back and let us know.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@debbieg
Hi, welcome to the forums. Who were you with before for the phone and what reason have you been given for not keeping your old number, were you on a different exchange?  If not, with your old provider, was it a new line then, or did you take the number there from somewhere else?
debbieg

I am upset by the bland and non-committal response from Plusnet. 
Do you think I have recieved an acceptable level of service?  I signed up because I was told there was a chance I could keep my number and have now been told this is totally untrue,  I don't know why this is not possible.  The new line is a BT line.  When I contacted BT, I was told I could keep my number - and would not be charged the connection charge for the new line if I signed up with them.  I have had to make five 'phone calls to recive basic emails, to find information that should have been provided and get my email configured so that people were able to respond to emails I have sent. 
Moving house is stressful enough without the additional time and stress I've wasted on Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sorry, you haven't made that clear, who have you gone with for the phone line BT or Plusnet ie. who will you be paying line rental to? And was your old number on a different exchange area?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi debbieg,
Realistically when it's a new line install such as yours you shouldn't really be advised that you could keep the number. I will be raising this with our sales call centre manager to make sure we're giving out the correct information in future; so I can only apologise for that.
It seems that your old number is currently active. Is it a Virgin line? When are you stopping it? Once the line has started with us we can try to obtain your old number, although there's no guarantee. It doesn't seem like you've had a very good start, so I can only hope it get's better from here. I'll set a reminder for myself to check if the number is available once your line is active and we can take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
debbieg

I am currently with Virgin.  I'm moving house on 30th may and that's when the current contract will finish.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

ok, when your new line goes live and the Virgin one is disconnected I'll see if anything can be done. Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If JoJo manages this you will owe her huge thanks, the problem is going to be getting Virgin to release the number which they may refuse to do. Has the number always been on Virgin or is it a number that has previously been on BT?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi debbieg,
Looks like we'll be able to do this. I've added a note to your ticket to confirm this.
Jojo Smiley