cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disillusioned

chunky1

Disillusioned

It appears that I am not alone in my disappointment in the service I have transferred to.Firstly after almost a month of delay I was informed that my Plusnet Broadband was activated ,I was informed this in an Email that I opened using my previous provider Virgin, I then attempted to re-address my existing router and as a consequence was left with no provision at all ,My Plusnet(Thompson) router duly arrived and still would not connect to the service, after 10 days and numerous time consuming calls to Support , I was finally able to connect,I then had issues connecting wirelessly with my Windows 7 laptop in spite of the fact that it had worked perfectly with Virgin ,I was told this was a Windows problem and left without any help on the matter.Not only did I agree to take up Plusnet because the evening and weekend calls were a come-on but my daughter is currently working in Germany and the international calls were a big incentive both facilities have now been significantly changed or removed from the offer.In agreeing to place my line rental with Plusnet I was unaware that BT would charge for cancelling my line rental but since the line has been taken overI have no Caller ID and my SMS is not functioning either .If this Yorkshire based provider expects to corner the telecoms market they will need to perform a lot better than they have so far in my case!!! 
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce47
Grafter

Re: Disillusioned

I am unable to comment on the rest, but here are a few bits I can...
Quote from: chunky1
I was unaware that BT would charge for cancelling my line rental
This is due to the fact you are still within a contract that you agreed to with BT (e.g. 12 months).
no Caller ID
This is charged for separately by Plusnet and is quite clearly not free.
and my SMS is not functioning either
I believe sending an SMS will activate the service.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

i would not call caller display expensive
Caller Display charge for the period 24-12-2010 to 23-01-2011 £0.84 £0.15 £0.99
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry that your introduction to our service has been less than pleasant, that's obviously not the impression we want to give or maintain.
I can see that you're now online, do you still have issues with the Windows 7 machine? If so if you can give more information we may be able to help.
With regards to the ticket concerning phone features I've sent feedback on the agent who responded, as his advice wasn't correct. You *can* use SMS services on our service, but you will need to send a text to activate this feature. Call display is chargeable, and is offered at signup, but you can add it via the portal if you wish (log in to your account, click on phone and then features).