cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting service

Mekonjones
Dabbler

Disgusting service

I was due to get a installation on the 24th April after booking it at the end of march and we are still waiting we have had 3 missed appointments and now the next date I have been given is the 31st may and was told that if we were not in then we will be charged £50 I put a complaint in on sat and am still waiting for a reply the customer service is disgusting I am now looking at going to ofcom and watchdog for help I wish I had never signed up with plusnet and to top it all off they will be taking the first months payment tomorrow for a service I have not got
22 REPLIES 22
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Disgusting service

Quote from: Mekonjones
we have had 3 missed appointments and now the next date I have been given is the 31st may and was told that if we were not in then we will be charged £50

Have you claimed £150 (3 * £50) for the missed appointments by PlusNet?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Mekonjones,
Sorry to hear if the missed appointments, I've added an additional discount to your account to cover the cost of your broadband so there will be no charge for this until your services are up and running.
I've checked the order for the 31st and it's definitely booked in, I will personally keep a close eye on this to make sure this does stay this way.
The complaint you have raised we do take seriously, the current response time though is 5 working days so that's why you've had no response as of yet.
I'll happily oversee your install and make sure there's no further hiccups in the meantime.
Chris

Mekonjones
Dabbler

Hi chris the problem is I don't think I should have to wait till the 31st as if they had not missed 3 appointments it would be done by now my daughter is having to revise for her GCSEs sat in the pub next door as that is the only way she can get the Internet which is not the best option all we need is the bt modem and a switch turning on all the line and face plate are there so I don't see why it is going to take so long and as for the complaint 5 days is a long time do you get lots is that why it takes so long ? It will soon be the bank holiday weekend so nothing will get sorted then so I take it it will be tue before I hear anything now
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've appreciate your frustration with the wait and missed engineer appointments. I've already tried to get this brought forward and unfortunately the 31st is at the moment the earliest this can be done.
I'm still trying to bring this forward but need to do so at the risk of not delaying this any further. We are waiting on system updates for this and with the bank holiday in-mind, any expedited order we could get may still be the 31st.

Mekonjones
Dabbler

And there lies the problem it will have been over 2 months since I booked this installation which I do not think this is a reasonable time for a service to be installed I also put a complaint in to yourselves last sat and I still have not had any reply so now my daughter will be spending half term revising in a pub when she should be next door at home doing it all because this installation has gone wrong from the start including the 3 missed appointments 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I fully understand your point and it's something that I would really like to bring forward, but given the date you currently have of the 31st it's unfortunately not going to be possible to provide this any sooner.
I will check daily to make sure this does go ahead for you on the 31st.
Mekonjones
Dabbler

Again that is the problem if this had been looked at on the 9th of may like I asked when nobody turned up things could have been sorted by now but nobody seems to care that end I still have had no reply to the formal complaint I put in on sat even though it has been 5 days yet I am still without Internet I have only just got the phoneline done and have just had a email saying you are taking the first payment for my service you have had money for the installation since the end of march it's a shame I have nothing to show for it and now it looks like it is going to be another week before somebody is allegedly going to arrive to finish the job but having 3 appointments missed already I am not holding my breath just like I am not expecting a phone call from the complaints department any time soon and I am unable to phone them as they do not take phone calls I will now be taking this matter up with ofcom about the way we have been treated and the inconvenience this has caused to my family 
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I really am sorry to hear of the missed visits you've encountered, I will certainly look through your order journey and feedback where we need to so this could have either been prevented or rectified sooner.
If we were on the 9th May then I may be in a position to get an earlier date but as this has only come to my attention yesterday I can't get this any earlier.
I'll flag your complaint up with our complaints team, there current response time is 5 working days.
Mekonjones
Dabbler

I did inform you of the missed appointment on the 9th then we were told they would come on the 10th but nobody did and then said it would be the 13th but again nobody arrived somebody did come out on the 15th even though we were not told they were and luckily I was just arriving back home as they got there and managed to convince them to do the line as they were only going to survey the line they did it all inc the fibre face plate but they did not have the modem on them but said someone would probably be out the next day after that visit I did phone up to see if we could just have normal broadband but was told it would be quicker to stay with the fiber as it would only be a few days till it was done that was now over a week ago and now we are still having to wait another week for a 5min job have you not had a look at all the notes on the account and as yet still no phone call from whoever is supposed to be dealing with the complaint and when I phone up all I get told is its sorry we cannot do anything it's with the complaints department and now look we are into another bank holiday weekend so nothing will happen until Tuesday at the soonest apart from you taking the money from my account for a service I still have not got so please do not say you are sorry and understand the problem as you clearly do not care at all otherwise this shambles would have been sorted ages ago I just hope people are seeing this and go else where for there provider
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: chrispurvey
I'll flag your complaint up with our complaints team, there current response time is 5 working days.

5 days - you have to be joking Angry Angry  Is that as a result of too many complaints or too few staff Undecided Undecided
James
Grafter

Hi Artmo (and others).
The response time for a complaint has been within 5 working days since I set the team up over 3 years ago.
I didn't want to promise to get responses banged out really quickly and I wanted our team to be able to spend the necessary amount of time in order to deal with a complaint properly.  We only have a small team, due to the volumes of complaints we get and of course, even if a customer has a complaint open, they are still able to speak to the call centre for other support, such as that which Chris has offered.
Mekonjones
Dabbler

So James why am I still waiting why has nothing been sorted sooner this has been going on since the 9th how much time is needed you are a lot quicker to take money of people and still no phone call so it will be tue now at the earliest so I will not get a date sooner than the 31st as you cannot be bothered to look into the matter sooner can you please tell me how to contact someone high up in plusnet as I am sure they would like to know how customers are treated
James
Grafter

Hi,
Chris *has* been trying to help you get your issues resolved.
A member of my team will be in touch with you to discuss your complaint, but they will be unable to bring forward the date of the engineer.
I have refunded your first months Fibre subscription though, to go someway towards apologising for the delays that you have experienced so far. I can see that Chris has also applied a months free so that you're not being charged for a service that you;re not receiving.
I am of course, really sorry for the delays and I hope that we have you up and running before too long.
Mekonjones
Dabbler

We are just not getting anywhere this should have been done when it started to go wrong on the 9th not now I have started posting on here I still have no answers and I am still left with no Internet for my daughter revising for her final exams over half term but you seem to think giving me a month free helps well it doesn't if somebody had looked into this matter when I raised it there would have been a way to get a earlier appointment but no it has just been left to run it course and now you will all be off for a nice long weekend so nothing will now get done till at least tue I will be taking this matter further.