cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster in swapping to Plus Net

sadandoffline

Disaster in swapping to Plus Net

Having decided to cut from a premium ISP service which I wasn't using to its full extent, I went with the advertising to Plus Net.
I've very limited experience of the new team but so far...
1) No updates on my order since my sign up;
2) No router got sent despite my selecting that option;
3) Old ISP disconnected after 7 days and no PN account;
4) 30 minute wait to talk to customer support to receive assurance it would be actioned that night, a router sent and I'd receive a call about activation;
5) No call but the router did arrive a couple of days later;
6) Plug it in and follow the diagnostics for an hour and swap back to old router and set that up etc. No service;
7) Followed the Broadband Troubleshooter via a work laptop and it hung for a significant period before reporting the Troubleshooter was broken;
Cool Another 30 minute wait to be told the account hasn't been activated. No ETA to resolution so had to push to be told it would be another two days;
9) Told that I'd be advised by email of the connection... For all PN knows the only way to get email is with an internet connection;
10) Got agreement that they'd notify by phone.
So currently it looks like 5 days without internet. No explanation other than 'suppliers', no offer of compensation and the money's already going out of my account.
First impressions are not good and still no internet. Another failure and I'll go to another provider.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disaster in swapping to Plus Net

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience so far.
I'm hoping to turn this around and give your forum username cause to be ironic if I can!
1) No updates on my order since my sign up;

There is a problem with the order I'm afraid, it seems that where as most of the work has been done to activate your service, a system problem called an 'exception' has put a spanner in the works. I've spoken to our suppliers and I've asked them to close the order off by the end of the day tomorrow.
2) No router got sent despite my selecting that option

We don't send these out until we know when your order is going to complete and we haven't been aware of this until today.
3) Old ISP disconnected after 7 days and no PN account;

You might want to bring this up with them, if you've used a MAC key to migrate to us there should be no downtime.
4) 30 minute wait to talk to customer support to receive assurance it would be actioned that night, a router sent and I'd receive a call about activation;

Apologies, not a good wait time, we are working on this. As for the advice I'll take that up with the person you spoke to.
5) No call but the router did arrive a couple of days later;

We take things like this very seriously, again I will broach this with the agent you spoke with.
6) Plug it in and follow the diagnostics for an hour and swap back to old router and set that up etc. No service;

Sorry for the delay but it's best to wait until we confirm when the order is due to complete.
7) Followed the Broadband Troubleshooter via a work laptop and it hung for a significant period before reporting the Troubleshooter was broken;
Cool Another 30 minute wait to be told the account hasn't been activated. No ETA to resolution so had to push to be told it would be another two days;

There is no fault, so it's just not applicable I'm afraid.
9) Told that I'd be advised by email of the connection... For all PN knows the only way to get email is with an internet connection;

This hasn't happened as there is a ticket with our provisioning team (which I'm picking up now) it just needed investigating before we could confirm anything.
10) Got agreement that they'd notify by phone.

Again, I'll take this up with anyone who promised you a phone call and didn't fulfil that.
I'll keep you posted of any developments between now and tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team