cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointment

matt_2k34
Grafter

Disappointment

In what has now been cockup #2 since November '09...
Rang CS about getting a second public IP, got straight through to tech support in sheff (rang shortly after midnight) - (im a student, i have a couple of servers set up to do some 'tinkering' with,  Roll_eyes what can i say) Smiley
very friendly staff informed me i could fill in the RIPE form on pug, (even though i told the agent what package i was on, it was 'no problem' to sort, and that i just had to raise a ticket with the ripe form)
So i did - Ticket # : 33666147
First Response, well telling me that im using a Residential product for Business purposes, when the agent has no hard'n'fast information supporting that. Quoting the AUP to me, and telling me i should be on a Business product AND then gives the 'half sales pitch'.  So already, im not impressed.
I update the ticket, trying to clarify my position and to add my disapproval to the first response.
Second Response, albeit generic was better, Telling me i can have a static IP (great, thanks, if you looked at my account details you'd know i have one)
That i can do 'what was required' using NAT (contrary to my understanding of what i was trying to do) and pointing me to a support page, telling me that i was inelegible for multiple IPs because of the product i was on (note ive already been told this is fine).
Closed Ticket, Rang CS again (just to see what is happening, as im not getting a reasonable answer)
Agent this time was quite cocky and dismissive.
See, when i give out false information at work - im held accountable - i cant just say "oh, you were told wrong  i apologise ???"  (Nevermind seemed to spring to mind with the tone of voice it was said in :D) - i'd actually have to DO something about that.
As a note: ive cut down what i wanted to do, and as such no longer require a second IP (Thanks, you really helped a bunch in helping me decide what route to take, within wanted to learn ::))
However, Being offered something, then being told im not eligble - I believe is wrong.
If Quidco's o2 cashback was £70 rather than £50 (to cover the cost of Leaving PN), i would have already asked for my MAC.
Support used to be something GOOD about plusnet. Now, you have to post on the forums to get a straight answer, or at least get something done.
Plusnet seems to be becoming a disappointment.
And while i expect nothing much to come from this, it has helped ME to rant about the level of service i have so far received. Perhaps a nudge to the Agents involved also. It's just not good enough.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Disappointment

I'll certainly look at some of the responses you received and have a word with the agents in question, however to me it seems that most of the disatisfaction stems from the fact that you were given incorrect information when you first called.
The information here on our website is pretty explicit about the use of IP blocks on residential accounts.
Like other ISPs, this is also something we've had to clamp down on a bit recently, mainly due to the ever decreasing number of IPv4 addresses remaining.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

avatastic
Grafter

Re: Disappointment

I'd happily give up my IP block if I could be moved on to IPv6  Roll_eyes
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)