cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with Plusnet Support - for the first time

Frogger
Grafter

Disappointed with Plusnet Support - for the first time

I raised a ticket on 22nd March, it is still open !
It relates to a minor issue whereas when I log into the member centre I get redirected to my account page. I think this is due to the fact I have no credit cards recorded but pay by DD.
I chased this and was told that it is a known issue with a few customers, but it seems no effort is being put into resolving it. All the response I can get on the ticket are either unhelpful or just "I am sorry to say that at this time we still do not have an estimated fix time for this, however our teams are working as fast as they can."
I have been a Plusnet customer for many years and have remained so because of one major advantage... Support teams are always, open, honnest and reactive.
Until Now!
I have praised Plusnet with my friends & Colleagues for the support being exellent. I hope my current experience of them trying to fob me off is not the start of a new trend.
I cannot believe the 'teams are working as fast as they can' because a minor coding error on a web page does not take 25 days to fix. It is obviously at the end of a task list and being pushed back all the time.
Question #67390746 contains the details
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Disappointed with Plusnet Support - for the first time

Have you tried clearing the Plusnet cookies as, from memory, this has solved similar problems in the past
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

The same happens to me and it only started when I changed my bank and DD details mid January.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Frogger,
Sorry to see this hasn't been resolved for you yet. You should still have the ability to use the member centre as you wish even though you're currently redirected to the 'update payment details'.
We do have a problem raised(70811) to fix this, unfortunately this isn't at the top of the work-stack to get fixed but it will be resolved. I'm looking into this further to see if there is a to fix this for you any sooner although I can't promise anything.
Frogger
Grafter

@ Mayfly
Interesting as my problems only started when I changed bank & DD details in March.
Frogger
Grafter

Thanks OldJim.
Tried Clearing all Cookies, cleased all Browser Cache, tried many different browsers. Even tried it on a new build PC on which I have never accessed the site before.
It even happens on my iPhone's browser.
Something is stuck wanting me to add a credit card to my account, which I decline to do,
Frogger
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi Frogger,
Sorry to see this hasn't been resolved for you yet. You should still have the ability to use the member centre as you wish even though you're currently redirected to the 'update payment details'.
We do have a problem raised(70811) to fix this, unfortunately this isn't at the top of the work-stack to get fixed but it will be resolved. I'm looking into this further to see if there is a to fix this for you any sooner although I can't promise anything.

Thanks Chris, that is a more honnest & customer friendly answer, it just seems that, as Mayfly has pointed out, it starts when you change Bank DD details as I did in March and Mayfly has had the problem since mid-January.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's something I've noted on the problem and also something I'm going to see if there's a workaround for.
Frogger
Grafter

Chris any update on this, the problem still exists ONE MONTH later. Is support getting poorer, I have always given PlusNet praise in the support dept. and now have two friends currently on O2 BB, who want reports on PlusNet as they do not want to be migrated to SKY. They want to come to PlusNet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I hadn't received an update on any workaround. I'll chase this up again to see if there's any progress.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We still have no estimated fix time for this I'm afraid due to other work taking priority over this. I'm keeping an eye on this and as soon as I have any updates on this I'll be sure to let you know.
slooowwwlllyyy
Dabbler

Frogger
You may get use to the dissapointments with plusnet but i would not hold my breath
i have personally recommended 2 reffferals to plusnet,
but i can assure you that there wont be anymore recommendations.
Quote from: chrispurvey
We still have no estimated fix time for this I'm afraid due to other work taking priority over this. I'm keeping an eye on this and as soon as I have any updates on this I'll be sure to let you know.

our kettle has broken and we think there is an element  at fault, ther may or may not be an element of truth in this but we cannot make a cup of good old yorkshire tea so once this has been resolved we shall deal with all other faults in order of priority. PS as plusnet are part of BT does BT mean biscuit time? in which case do you have any digestive suggestives
lol,lol,lol,lol