Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed With Plusnet

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Disappointed With Plusnet

Yes I am disappointed with Plusnet. It probably has something to do with the fact that my monthly broadband charge has gone up 67%.

I'm told on the phone that Plusnet no longer have any contract offers for broadband only customers.

It seems broadband only customers are no longer wanted. Except maybe to pay for those on the latest totally "free broadband" offers.

It used to be a pound extra than the contract offer you could get if you had their phone line as well but no longer.

Plusnet was the place to go to get your broadband but now many years later it's only the place to go if you want broadband and their phone line.

I've heard a few reasons from Plusnet but none would stand up to the slightest scrutiny. The best reason came from the forum. That there was a lot of profit to be made from a phone call. But as any good businessman would say any profit is better than no profit so even that isn't really a good reason.

If I were to guess I would say it was just a grey boardroom decision, a tidying up exercise no more.

"Broadband that loves you back"

I'm not feeling the love.

7 REPLIES 7
amcclean
Rising Star

Re: Disappointed With Plusnet

billnotben
Community Veteran

The link you have posted has no relation or bearing to my problem / question.

But at least it bumps the post and who knows, maybe someone from plusnet will pop up and surprise me.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, but it's unlikely we'll alter the offer given within the phone being transferred to us too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
billnotben
Community Veteran

@Chris wrote:

it's unlikely we'll alter the offer given within the phone being transferred to us too

You can't beat a good one liner.

Except it's not true as there was no offer at all.

Unless you mean the one that was given and accepted and then hastily withdrawn.

As I suspect someone has to pay for new contracts "free broadband".

Good will, long term customer, bah.

You can't buy customer goodwill but treating long term customers like a dairy herd there to be milked, or something stuck to your shoe, is a sure way to lose it.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

DieselDo
Dabbler

love the last lines of your post 

You can't buy customer goodwill but treating long term customers like a dairy herd there to be milked, or something stuck to your shoe, is a sure way to lose it.

perfect to how plusnet are beginning to behave  .    It is becoming so obvious that they are owned by BT  and are having the budget cut on customer service to support the losses that BT  are experiencing

give it a couple of years and plusnet will be no more

karjala
Dabbler

BT losses? Profit up 15% (year to end March) to over £3(American)billion.

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@karjala wrote:

£3(American)billion.

That's "billion (Financial)" now (as opposed to mathematical)

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.