cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disapointing service all round

martynsingleton
Grafter

Disapointing service all round

Well the times come to leave the sinking ship so to speak, afer 2 months of fibre broadband, at least 7 fault calls, and still they cannot fix my fault, i am leaving.. and low and behold the day im leaving yet again the speeds absolue pants... plusnet you really need to get yourself in order, as more and more people are realising your faults and leaving.. ive taken my broadband from home, my home phone, and because of your awfull customer service ive also taken my business broadband away too, and i will not reccomend you to anyone as long as theres a pulse in me.

just to show you how pants your service is heres a few snippits from the conversations with your trained customer service dept.
Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hands doing, and lack of fibre optic training to customer services reps... poor poor show..
and to cap it all off you are wanting to charge me for breaking my contract early !!!! when you cannot even keep up your side of the contract by supplying me with a stable broadband connection..
When plugged into LAN1 between the modem and the router there is no light on. When plugged into LAN2 the light comes on but the i light on the netgear stays orange, tried router re-config, still nothing. Milan from faults commented on jabber "probably busted modem, tell him to plug back to port one and raise a fault so that we can get this changed"
Raising fault to have this raised as a faulty modem.
Not 100% sure if I am raising this correct. Lack of fibre training.
    Help & Support home
    Support Pages
    Help Assistant
    Service Status
    Customer Support Stats
    Plusnet Code of Practice
Enter your search...
Help Assistant - Ask a question or view your answers
Your questions
Question #52310158 - Your Feedback
< Back
Andrew - CSC Analyst
10:12am, Sunday 19 Feb 2012
**INTERNAL **
Fault Type Identified: NSC
Confirm you've advised the customer to complete the following:
- Connect to the master socket: Y
- Leave equipment turned on: Y
- Does the customer agree to the possible charge (£60): Y
Obtain:
- Mobile Number:
- Contact Times: hh:mm – hh:mm
- Router Model: Openreach Modem and Netgear fibre
Other Notes:
- When plugged into LAN1 between the modem and the router there is no light on. When plugged into LAN2 the light comes on but the i light on the netgear stays orange, tried router re-config, still nothing. Milan from faults commented on jabber "probably busted modem, tell him to plug back to port one and raise a fault so that we can get this changed"
Not 100% sure if I am raising this correct. Lack of fibre training.
Kind regards,
Andrew
Paul  - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
9:09am, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
**internal**
Connection stable

eu reported faulty equipment but looks like issue has been resolved as been connected and stable since
will pass back to eu as could of been glitch on line at time.
Kind regards,
Paul
Paul - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
9:11am, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
Dear Mr Singleton,
Thank you for your query.
We can see that you reported an issue with faulty equipment but can see that your connection has been re established and you have remained stable since with no further problems.
It looks like the fault has been resolved if you have any further problems then please let us know.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
Paul
[Sms Message: Thank you for your query.
We can see that you reported an issue with faulty equipment but can see that your connection has been re established and you have remained stable since with no further problems.
It looks like the fault has been resolved if you have any further problems then please let us know.]
Your Response
9:26am, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
(Received via text message) Are you still sending replacement kit as this is the 5th time in as many weeks this kit has failed ?
Paul  - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
4:21pm, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
Dear Mr Singleton,
Thank you for getting back to us.
We are unable to find any fault with your service you have had a stable connection for the past 3 days and ongoing, can you please specify what the issue you are having with the equipment and whether the issue is with the router or the BT modem.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
Paul
[Sms Message: We are unable to find any fault with your service you have had a stable connection for the past 3 days and ongoing, can you please specify what the issue you are having with the equipment and whether the issue is with the router or the BT modem.]
Your Response
4:29pm, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
(Received via text message) Bt modem is causing the fault, I was told you would dispatch a replacent and possibly a replacement router to rectify fault ?
Will  - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
4:56pm, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
Dear Mr singleton,
Thank you for getting back to us again. Before we send out a new router / modem we 1st of all need to know what problem you are suffering. Without this information I am unable to see a valid reason as to why it needs replacing.
Kind regards,
Will
[Sms Message: Plusnet:
Thank you for getting back to us again. Before we send out a new router / modem we 1st of all need to know what problem you are suffering. Without this information I am unable to see a valid reason as to why it needs replacing.]
Your Response
5:33pm, Wednesday 22 Feb 2012
(Received via text message) Read your records , I have had these problems since joining!! And you wonder why plusnet has a bad rep on the Internet...
6 REPLIES 6
VMeldrew
Dabbler

Re: Disapointing service all round

If you find a decent Broadband provider with an English call centre let me know !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had since you started on fibre.
I'm just going through the history of your fault tickets right now to identify where we've not handled this well.
Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hands doing, and lack of fibre optic training to customer services reps... poor poor show..

Having seen this comment
When plugged into LAN1 between the modem and the router there is no light on. When plugged into LAN2 the light comes on but the i light on the netgear stays orange, tried router re-config, still nothing. Milan from faults commented on jabber "probably busted modem, tell him to plug back to port one and raise a fault so that we can get this changed"
Not 100% sure if I am raising this correct. Lack of fibre training

I can understand why you might say that, the agent who commented that IMO shouldn't have included those comments in your ticket. They are a technical support agent but not a faults agent so they would not be trained to handle the fault end to end but will certainly agree that those comments look bad, feedback has now been given about that.
times come to leave the sinking ship so to speak

I can see your modem's due for replacement tomorrow so I'd be interested to see if that resolves the issue.
If you do have any other concerns or issues I'd urge you to let us know and I'll take ownership of dealing with them end to end for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Estragon
Rising Star

It's worth pointing out to the OP that LAN2 on the modem is not in use. That's if it is a Huawei HG612. There is usually a sticker over it saying so when installed by the engineer.
Only LAN1 will work for normal use. Some people have hacked a replacement firmware onto the modem to let them get at the line stats, but as standard it is disabled in the firmware.
Edit - If support staff don't know this then it's a good idea to let them know, so they don't suggest trying LAN2 to anyone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

If support staff don't know this then it's a good idea to let them know, so they don't suggest trying LAN2 to anyone.

I wasn't personally aware of that, I'll make sure we're aware as a whole, although we may want to test this out for ourselves as well.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
filipole
Dabbler

Quote from: Estragon
It's worth pointing out to the OP that LAN2 on the modem is not in use. That's if it is a Huawei HG612. There is usually a sticker over it saying so when installed by the engineer.
Only LAN1 will work for normal use. Some people have hacked a replacement firmware onto the modem to let them get at the line stats, but as standard it is disabled in the firmware.
Edit - If support staff don't know this then it's a good idea to let them know, so they don't suggest trying LAN2 to anyone.

Not disputing this as not sure exact modem model, however I've just moved from PN to another provider (FTTP connection) and actually using Port2 for the new connection (they said they had kept Port1 connected to PN)....
Estragon
Rising Star

That's interesting about using it for FTTP alongside the FTTC.  I assume your PN connection doesn't work any more now though? Once everything settled down.