cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabled Person Stressed with poor Service.

Mick1173
Grafter

Disabled Person Stressed with poor Service.

Hi i am Disabled in a Wheelchair i am obviously a gamer on Xbox Live, I have upgraded from normal Broadband to FibreOptic to see if it resolves the problems i am having on the other connection. I had an Email on Friday to say i am now connected, My speeds are still the same as they were on the other service though, Since i had this email to say i am connected. I have had to connect the new Router up, Bearing in mind i am a Wheelchair user this is not an easy thing for me to do, I have to move heavy units with things on them and struggle to reach to sockets.Then when i have to phone Plusnet like today i have to wait on the line in a cue on the phone for ages, Today it was over two hours in total i had to wait. I had to speak to two different departments doing tests etc. Still my problems are not resolved. I was eventually told that it can take up to 8 days for the Fibreoptic line to work. So i have been sent an email on Friday to say i have been connected to Broadband but today i am told it can take up to 8 days to get stable ? i smell BS. I will phone Plusnet again on Thurday if i am not seeing a difference. I will demand an Engineer comes to my house to do all the furniture moving and Tests, Plugging things in and out, reaching to difficult to get to sockets because that will be several times it would have been done, and i am not physically able to keep going through this farce. I have a deafness ontop of my physical disability so how do you think i am managing with these phone calls ? Not well is the answer. Between the Physical Stress and Mental Stress this is causing me i am very close to canselling my services with plusnet and going elswhere, Because if other Disabled customers in my position get this kind of service it is very bad indeed.
25 REPLIES 25
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Disabled Person Stressed with poor Service.

i'm not sure why you being disabled or in a wheelchair has any relevance to your issue.
please don't try and play the victim card, you should expect to be treated the same as any other customer.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi there Mick, 
Unfortunately  I have left the office so I can't check things right now but if you give me til the morning I'll give things a once over and be in touch
Mick1173
Grafter

Quote from: chenks76
i'm not sure why you being disabled or in a wheelchair has any relevance to your issue.
please don't try and play the victim card, you should expect to be treated the same as any other customer.

Talk about naive, you try moving heavy units and reaching to difficult to get to sockets from being in a wheelchair. You think it is as easy to do as if i was an able bodied person ? Oh and spending hours on the phone to with a deafness. Yep sounds like you know all this lol
Mick1173
Grafter

Quote from: Darkfire
Hi there Mick, 
Unfortunately  I have left the office so I can't check things right now but if you give me til the morning I'll give things a once over and be in touch

Thanks i will talk to you tomorrow.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

See this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149167.msg1311325.html#msg1311325
If you're serious about needing special support then BT provide that PN are more mainstream  Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Mick1173
Have you checked your current line speed (login required)? This will show if your "speed profile" is correct. If it is correct, try disconnecting the session in the router ( or modem-router) wait a short while and the re-connect which will ensure the profile is activated, but keep the device powered up as you don't need/want to drop the sync to the cabinet.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Mick1173
Grafter

Yes it shows i am on the right profile, i have rebooted the Router but i am still getting the same speeds as i have been.
mav:quote
Mick1173
Grafter

Quote from: chenks76

I have been a member of Plusnet since 30/04/2013 and have never played the victim card because i am disabled in a Wheelchair, I have had to phone up before several times due to problems and have never played this "Victim Card" as you call it because i am in a Wheelchair.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

stop asking for special treatment then, plusnet are not going to send someone out to help you move furniture and unplug a router.
that is what you were threatening to demand in your initial post.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

It's unfortunate that PN have gone over to self install for FTTC without an option for an engineer install. When I had my FTTC installed I had it done the old way with an engineer fitting a new Mk 3 faceplate and doing all the plugging in and testing.
Just saying  Huh
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Empirical
Grafter

It's not really Plusnet's responsibility as to how the furniture is arranged in your property.
nadger
Rising Star

People being unsympathetic to OP should realise that they could be in a similar situation one day.
When I had self install fibre on 5th Jan the Openreach engineer decided to pop round and make sure all was ok - nice touch.
@Mick1173 - hope you get things sorted and possible have a neighbour who can help you.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Mick,
Sorry about the delay in response this morning,
I have checked things over and the reason you are getting low speeds is you are on an ADSL connection and the Fibre order failed as there was another order on your line at the time, I'm going to get this into place today for you and I'll be in touch via your account to ensure you are updated.
Mick1173
Grafter

Quote from: nadger
People being unsympathetic to OP should realise that they could be in a similar situation one day.
When I had self install fibre on 5th Jan the Openreach engineer decided to pop round and make sure all was ok - nice touch.
@Mick1173 - hope you get things sorted and possible have a neighbour who can help you.

Thanks my neighbour has been known to help me on instances in the past but i have not got him involved this time yet.