cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disability Rights Law

susanpenfold
Grafter

Disability Rights Law

Can anyone from PlusNet explain why "<CSA name removed>",  "<CSA name removed>" and  "<CSA name removed>" (none of whom would provide the full name thus confirming they have so ething to hide) have no concept of the requirements of various disability rights legislation?
These law are supposed to prevent companies discriminating against disabled people. All three think it acceptable to demand my mother, who finds it extremely difficult to walk, leave her home in the pouring rain and put herself at risk of falling to report a fault.
Not one of them could see the problem with this. Why does Plusnetvemploy people like this? Is it your intention to make your company look bad? If sdo, I will agree you are. No need to be so horrible to my Mum.
mav:csa Names have been added to an area that can be seen by staff
46 REPLIES 46
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Disability Rights Law

Why does she need to go outside to report a fault?
susanpenfold
Grafter

Her phone line was not working,.
Rather than allow me to report the fault [Removed] demanded my Mum speak to him. He deliberately demanded she put herself at risk.
He was clearly not aware of disability rights laws that require companies make accommodation for disabled people. He is also a failure when it comes to being a decent person.
mav:csa

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have reported phone faults for elderly neighbours several times with no problems whatsoever, the companies (none of which were PlusNet) were happy to take a call from a helpful neighbour, especially when they were told that the person with the problem was old and infirm.
They were all also happy to "keep me in the loop" as a contact to relay information back by calling my number to advise on progress.
susanpenfold
Grafter

So it was discrimination on the part of PlusNet.
Wish they would just admit it. Oh well, they can deal with the EHRC.
AndyH
Grafter

Can you raise a fault for her via the online chat?
Where about's in the country is this? (just wondering if it's in an area where Openreach have large numbers of faults due to the weather)
Starmans
Grafter

Other companies I have dealt with have allowed an authentication password to be added to the account - I've simply given this in the past and they then treated me as if I was acting on behalf of the account holder.
Could you not trying reporting the fault via the online chat service and if needs be pretend to be your mother?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why not login to your mothers account and report the fault on line
susanpenfold
Grafter

I tried using the online chat initially, but it was not available. Eventually I went to a neighbour, and was going to have her pretend to to be my Mum, but the online chatcwas working by then.
Of course I was promised that I would get an update today on what is happening. Needless to say that never happened and when I contacted P!usnet I was told it was never going to happen. They have not actually reported the fault to Open reach yet. Why not I don't know. It can be done online.
I should not have to pretend to be my Mum in order to report a fault.
susanpenfold
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
why not login to your mothers account and report the fault on line

There is no option to do that.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

susanpenfold
Grafter

I tried that. It does not work, and does not allow faults to be reported.
"Our checks show that your phone service is with another provider. To fix any problems you're experiencing you'll need to contact them."
Which would be fine if true, but the phone line is not with another provider. I actually wasted time talking to BT because that message. Not very impressive by PlusNet!
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It does if you are logged in via your mothers account
susanpenfold
Grafter

Quote from: susanpenfold
There is https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22945&wizard_id=38

I tried that. It does not work, and does not allow faults to be reported.
"Our checks show that your phone service is with another provider. To fix any problems you're experiencing you'll need to contact them."
Which would be fine if true, but the phone line is not with another provider. I actually wasted time talking to BT because that message. Not very impressive by PlusNet!
It does if you are logged in via your mothers account

Stop lying right now OK?
And why did you feel the need to lie?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Did you actually look at the screen shot I posted which is what you should see