cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty paying PlusNet.

Surfer
Grafter

Difficulty paying PlusNet.

First tried to pay 6 months in advance and was rejected as they cannot do that due to a problem with generating the invoice.  Next call took at least 15 minutes before it was answered by some foreigner.  Tried to pay just one payment and card rejected.  Tried again and same thing.  Phoned bank who assured me that there were plenty of funds to cover £5.99 and next several years and according to the bank system there had been no rejections ever since opening the account which is a new account.  I assume that whoever took my call must have on two different occasions inputted the incorrect card numbers.  Tried phoning today to pay but gave up after 15 minutes holding on the phone.  Why doesn't  Plus Net want their customers to pay them?
For once I wish I could come on this forum and have praise for Plus net customer service because at the moment in my opinion it stinks.  At present a DD is out of the question until I have a stable income.  Previously I was able to pay 6 months in advance but they do nto want to do this any more for some reason or other.
8 REPLIES 8
DavidH
Grafter

Re: Difficulty paying PlusNet.

I have the opposite problem. Plusnet have taken my money but not provided me with the service. Now I can't get a response for them to clarify just how I go about getting my money back.
Surfer
Grafter

You will be a lot older before you see your money again.  Grin
mal0z
Grafter

You would think it would be to set up a system where you log in and credit your account with the amount you want.
In fact PN do that on their PATH web hosting company - and you can add credit for the PN phone service - so why not for BB  ?.
Surfer
Grafter

Wowee.  Got through to a very nice Indian lady in Durban who took my payment and resolved the problem.  If PN had more like her perhaps the CS woudl improve.  I suppose it helped that i could speak to her about Durban having lived there for about 20 years!  Grin
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Perhaps people who have lived in Sheffield, get the same kind of service when they ring Plusnet towers !  Cheesy
mal0z
Grafter

Good news surfer  Smiley
glad it worked out. i think you made a very valid explanation why some people prefer to pay upfront, and it should be made easier for people by PNIi agree. I hope one of the comms team read this thread and take it on board.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I have to praise PN for the experience I had with them this week.  I phoned Sheffield and had to hang on for a while before getting through to CS but once I did Mike handled my query perfectly and changed my product whilst I was on the phone and everything was concluded in a matter of minutes.  Thanks PN.
Mand
Grafter

Hi Surfer,
Glad you got things sorted this time, I've replied to your PM. Smiley