cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did You Know!!!

pjb7035

Did You Know!!!

Cheesy Did you know that if you ask for a MAC code you will be put through to last chance saloon who have the power to change your billing and payment date as a last resort before handing over that MAC code??? So I would just like to thank customer services (who by the way seem to be far far far more shirty, aggressive and short tempered now days) for getting something done that I asked for 12 months ago but needed me to want to leave before being done........Oh and customer services will insist this can not be done so if you want to change your billing date ask for a MAC code THEN ask the super secret code dept and hey presto it will be done........And yes customer services this is a bit of a dig. Call it payback for the constant hassle, phone calls, extra charges for reconnecting me after YOU cut me off and for generally being arsey about the whole affair.....Have a lovely day Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
dsw
Grafter

Re: Did You Know!!!

Someone having a good weekend?  Tongue
Anyway, thanks for the information. I'm sure it'll be valuable to others in the same situation.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What extra charges, that's a bit of a cheek. I'd ask for your MAC  Crazy
dsw
Grafter

THEN ask the super secret code dept and hey presto it will be done

Every organisation has one of them. Sounds like you actually got through to them quite easy. It usually requires far more effort! So credit to Plusnet there.
dfunked
Grafter

Yeah, pretty much all telecoms companies have a customer retention dept who can bend the system a bit to accommodate you, and asking for a MAC code always seems to be the magic trigger for being put through to them...
Seems a bit daft that you have to go through to them just to get your billing date changed, but I guess it's no simple task taking monthly usage etc into consideration...
pjb7035

@dsw seriously good weekend actually  Grin
The whole point of my moany rant was to point out that although i was told for almost a year that IT CAN NOT BE DONE, wham!! it is done.

Nearly all companies have variable DD dates. In fact 6 of the 7 companies I have DDs with will change your DD date after the first payment.
And yes I understand monthly usage etc. but then shouldn't a company that offers Technology Services have the computer systems and technology to be able to deal with multiple billing dates?
Speed of customer services is amazing, no doubt about that but that was not my point. Not 1 person in CS knew about the Super Secret Change Your Billing Date Get Out Clause  Huh and 1 even insisted that in "2 years of working for PN I have never heard of anyone being able to change billing dates"
I am sure that most people are ok with current billing arrangements but perhaps, for those of us that 'prefer' particular billing dates, variable billing dates should be something that PN offer in the future  Cool
And thank you for all of your replies