cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriorating service

avollmer
Grafter

Re: Deteriorating service

Thanks for your comments - disappointing that this is what you are experiencing. We are doing a lot of work to improve our service operation at the moment, especially resolving customer questions and issues at first contact and improving our turnaround time on queries. I will highlight this thread to Steve Woods who is our new General Manager of Customer Service. Pls be assured this is a big priority for us.
Anthony
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I also have experienced what Dan was talking about, you have an open Q and have answered the NEW questions asked in the ticked EARLIER on in the same ticket. About half a page up, if the people in CS would read the full ticket instead of just the LAST entry.
I know what being in CS is like, I used to be a member of a Wintel Server Team, working with Assist, and even there when we passed the call back to the "Help Desk" they only read the last comment, they claimed they didn't have time to read the whole thing, BUT this just makes the whole thing take longer.
James
Grafter

Morning chaps,
Just to reiterate wehat Anthony's said today - improving customer satisfaction and reducing customer dissatisfaction (you may have seen the results of the customer satisfaction surveys that we run) remain one of our biggest priorities of the year.
I'm sorry that you've both had poor experiences and I do hope that you see improvements in the not too distant future.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Anthony
I will highlight this thread to Steve Woods who is our new General Manager of Customer Service.

Maybe Steve should be following the forum himself rather than having you point out items that should interest him
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Jameseh
I'm sorry that you've both had poor experiences and I do hope that you see improvements in the not too distant future.

Morning James, I have virtually given up raising tickets, it is usually QUICKER and clearer to air the problem here, then either You or Bob would pick it up, I know this is bypassing the problem, but having spent 10 years having to fix rather than cure problems I do the quickest route now.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I hope you will be looking to make any improvements within Sheffield/UK.
I wouldn't want to see cheap foreign labour (South Africa) used to give a correspondingly cheap solution.
Sometimes it just costs money for a proper solution.
I joined Plusnet because when I asked "is all support UK based", PN were able to answer in the affirmative.
Although this is no longer true, PN could at least distinguish themselves from the crowd by being able to say
most of our customer support is UK based.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

stevewoodspn

I’m conscious it’s often easy to say ‘customer satisfaction is our priority’, however, I wanted to take the opportunity to give some brief detail on what this means in reality for Plusnet.
There are a number of areas of activity we’ve got running this year: from a review and update of ‘My Account’ to the introduction of a self-managed support library. Where customers contact us, whether by call, ticket or letter, we know that having an issue resolved first time is really the key and across our operation we are taking actions to improve in this area.
Whilst all customer contact is vital, there are some situations that we know we just must absolutely get right - and one example of this is when people move house. For this reason we are part way through creating a specific team to ensure that anyone who moves house with Plusnet will have as smooth a transition as possible at what is already a stressful time.
Of course within Plusnet there’s still more to do, however, I can assure you the entire team at Plusnet will continue to strive to improve further the experience for our customers
Steve   
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

All this is all well and good but the CS HAD got very good but once again it's slipped back and customers have to rely on these forums to get any satisfaction. You need to look at what happened with the change in management and reverse it. From reading the various forums it seems to much emphasis is being put on attracting new customers on long contracts and existing customers seem to be slipping down the ladder again.
I would have thought this was pretty obvious by the fact PlusNet was receiving award after award in the past couple of years that have now stopped dead in their tracks. PlusNet seem to have this habit of climbing the ladder then cutting the rungs from under itself. If customers are happy for to long things ain't going right so lets do something to upset them!
ByteIT
Dabbler

Plusnet customer support is a complete joke.  I have been trying to become a reseller for 4 weeks now, I've left various messages and no body ever returns them.  This morning I finally had enough an requested a MAC code, I spoke to Chris, who was very understanding and asked me to give him until mid day to so they he could get a member of the partner team to contact me.
When he phoned me back he was very obviously annoyed, when he explained that he had asked several of the team to speak to me, but none of them would.  I have 14 customers that I've referred with my account, and at least double that that I've referred via my username at another premises.  Plusnet do not deserve to be in business if this is how they treat their loyal customers, I hope you are ashamed.
taywood
Grafter

I'm a pensioner with poor PC skills and lead a quiet life and don't travel much so I don't experience many variations in peoples accents.
Today I needed to phone PN over a connection problem and the poor guy on the phone had to keep repeating every word he said before I finally understood him. I found that very embarrassing at my age.
I didn't note the number I called but reading these posts puts a different slant to it, I guess I'd phoned somewhere out of UK so I wont be chased by the race relations people. Now I dont feel bad about it, just angry.
And I've noted the 0114 number.

Loombucket
Grafter

Plusnet, if you want an example of just how bad your CSC has got, check the thread in this section entitled "The ultimate in crass stupidity".
If you find it hard to believe, contact me and I'll give you all the names, dates and details you need.
mal0z
Grafter

Hi Steve
I think this is the sort of things that concerns many of us:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,78029.msg630507.html#msg630507
And some very wise words
"We shouldn't need to depend on the goodwill of James and his colleagues to backstop what should be a level of service good enough to render their interventions largely unnecessary."
There are some excellent support staff - and James is one of the best - and if it wasn't for the likes of them you would really be in a bad way with poor customer service.