cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays with joining Plusnet

moffat2000
Grafter

Delays with joining Plusnet

On the 17th of February it will be a full calender month since I signed up with Plusnet. I am still awaiting my transfer to be complete. I understand that there are some complications as I am moving from Tiscali (my line has to move back onto BT) but a whole month seems a bit long. On Monday I will officially be on the TalkTalk network which is something I was trying to avoid.
I have raised a ticket ( 31962744 ) but no response. Is there someone from Plusnet who could tell me how much longer this will take?I'm beginning to get a little frustrated.
9 REPLIES 9
Addnan
Grafter

Re: Delays with joining Plusnet

Welcome to the forums.
The comms staff don't work weekends. You won't get an official answer here until monday. Your best bet would be to call Plusnet. 0114 296 5198. THat number will take you though to a UK call centre.
moffat2000
Grafter

Thanks for the number. I'll try and give it a call. If I don't get a chance hopefully I'll get some kind of response on Monday.
Cheers again. 
DavidH
Grafter

Hi, same thing happened to me. I'm trying to get my money back after cancelling the setup yesterday after weeks of waiting. I read on another ISPs forum ealier that BT are going to be announcing next week that this lot are being shut down. That probably explains why we've been messed about.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Please provide a link as it sounds a right load of tosh
Not applicable

Yes Oldjim, it does. I do hope that someone will pick this up soon and explain it all as I can't make head nor tail of it.
Why should people be going on the TT network if they haven't signed up for it?  Huh
moffat2000
Grafter

The only way I can avoid moving to the TT network is to cancel my broadband completely. I thought that 4 weeks would be long enough for Plusnet to take over my broadband and therefore providing a fairly smooth cross over. Thankfully I didn't cancel otherwise I would have been without any broadband for the last month. Unfortunately as from Monday I move onto TalkTalk's tariff, which is the reason I decided to leave in the first place. Anyway, Im going to try phoning Plusnet again, see what they say. 
mal0z
Grafter

@DavidH
As Jim said - where. A google found no such news. And we would have picked it up here as many of us read other broadband forums.
moffat2000
Grafter

Just called Plusnet and My line is being moved to BT on Tuesday in preparation for Plusnet suppylying my broadband. They just forgot to update my order tracker.
So hopefully all will be good now.
Thanks everyone, sure ill see you here in the future.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Moffat2000,
Glad to hear you got an update, sorry about the delay. The order for the phone line is still set to complete tomorrow and as the ticket says the broadband should be online 5 days or so after.
With regard to the rumours, we've heard nothing about that internally - not sure where that one came from I'm afraid.