cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in Order

john50
Grafter

Delays in Order

Firstly I appreciate this is not actually Plusnets fault but you really should be kicking the backsides of your supplier (presumably BT in one of there guises)
1st July,  Order phone + broadband  various supplier delays but I was kept informed so no problem

20th July,  Phone lines go live on Plusnet  , no warning just my broadband stopped my phone line went dead for a while then reconnected with a different answerphone message I did inquire and was told that Plusnet had hold of the line!
28th July, Plusnets suppliers finally thought they had better tell Plusnet my phoneline is active and I had a couple of calls saying so and the home phone portal is now up and running etc so I have been without Broadband now for 8 days with the possibility of another 7 days without B/B
So the main question is Why has it taken 8 days for the supplier to get round to informing plusnet my line is active delaying the Broadband further, presumably I've had 8 days worth of free calls  Smiley (if only I'd realised   Grin )

As I say I realise its not Plusnets fault its the suppliers but it adds extra inconvenience to the customer as well as Plusnet losing out  
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Delays in Order

We would have needed to check the order manually to see whether or not it had completed early, there's no pushing of notifications back in this situation.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi john50,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the forums.
I've just looked deeper into what's happened here and I can see that we submitted an order to our wholesale phone suppliers (BT Openreach)  on 6/7/10. Shortly after this request was rejected and passed back to us with a claim that we would not be able to take over the line due to it already being with us.
Following this we reacted by placing another order which didn't seem to be approved until yesterday. As it seems that scratching the surface hasn't revealed why this happened I'll need to dig deeper and give our suppliers a call.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

John,
Just to update you and hopefully clarify the situation with your transfer. The first order we placed to port your phone number was rejected by our suppliers completely by mistake with a false claim that the number was alredy with us. BT Openreach and ourselves would like to apologise for any confusion that caused.
As things stand there is an open order to port your number and phone service to us which is due to complete by the end of play today. Any questions feel free to give us a shout.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
john50
Grafter

Adam/Ben
Thanks for your replies and explanations, hopefully things will start to run smoother now (including the minor issue with billing which I spoke about with someone this evening and is in the process of being sorted)
The daft thing is the previous incumbents of my phone line and Broadband probably wouldn't have even bothered answering or denied all and charged me an absolute fortune for me having the bare faced cheek to phone them  Grin  (don't you just love TT's idea of customer service)
So even with the hiccups I'm actually quite impressed
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it Smiley