cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collection Agency

bounty
Dabbler

Debt Collection Agency

I have received a letter from Plusnet saying we have contacted you several times about an outstanding balance that we haven't received, we have passed your debt to a debt collection agency.
This is the first letter I had from plusnet about this so could debt.
I don't owe them anything and can prove it as I pay by direct debit and the money have been taken out of my bank account on time.
infact they owe me money when I changed over from Madasafish to Plusnet, my payments overlaped by 14 days.
9 REPLIES 9
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Debt Collection Agency

you should call them to speak to them about it.
the forum is not really a place to discuss debts, or alleged debts.
Razorback
Grafter

I had a similar letter a few months back, claiming I owed them money for a cancellation fee having migrated several months previously from Plusnet to BT (which means no cancellation fee is payable) . Needless to say i was furious as it displays quite amazing imcompetance on behalf of Plusnet. Not only is their billing system ancient  but for a non debt to passed to an agency displays a lack of training and competance by their billing staff letting it get that far.
My advice is to contact them by phone, also send an email direct to the person the letter purportedly comes from. You can work out the email address easily. You may get a feeble apology in return. Needless to say it has destroyed my faith in the organisation having been a loyal customer for many years.

bounty
Dabbler

Quote from: bounty
I have received a letter from Plusnet saying we have contacted you several times about an outstanding balance that we haven't received, we have passed your debt to a debt collection agency.
This is the first letter I had from plusnet about this so could debt.
I don't owe them anything and can prove it as I pay by direct debit and the money have been taken out of my bank account on time.
infact they owe me money when I changed over from Madasafish to Plusnet, my payments overlaped by 14 days.

Plusnet have apologised for sending this letter,  I didn't owe them anything. I asked for the money they owed me, they said they will give me a refund.
cb4m

I have just received a very similar sounding debt collection agency letter, asking for £37.50, when I owe them nothing and they have not been contacting me.  In fact, I think Plusnet owe me money after a very painful departure from the Plusnet so-called 'service' at Christmas (because of the ultra-slow and disconnecting broadband), but the billing system is so useless I had given up until this ridiculous letter arrived.  I would not wish Plusnet on my worst enemy.  I would advise anyone thinking of leaving them, or looking at other options to do so as fast as possible.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @cb4m I am really sorry to hear you've received a letter from debt recovery agency regarding an outstanding balance. I've looked into your account and I can see this has been cleared yesterday morning as per this ticket.

Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience/frustration this caused you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Apologies are fine @Anoush  but what steps are Plusnet taking to ensure that this report to a Debt Collection agency is not reflected in the client's credit rating?

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can assure @cb4m that their credit rating won't be affected as my colleague has written the balance off.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anoush  The debt may have been written off from the Plusnet end, but the referral to a debt collector may still be on the record.  Separate activity to ensure that the record is removed by the instigator.

M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

FYI it was written off from their systems.