cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problems/replacement sim registration

yesme

Data problems/replacement sim registration

Due to data issues I was issued a new sim which arrived but when trying to activate I was asked for 8 pieces of information for security before being unable to answer one at the time due to being not able to access email.  

This is grossly excessive and is greater security than in other sensitive industries where data protection and security are paramount.  Not only this I was given great attitude from chat adviser regarding the issue berating me for not understanding Data Protection Law.

Despite the entire replace sim issue coming about through no fault of my own once again plusnet tries to make it seem like they are doing you a great service by fixing the problem they created.  

Is someone able to take a look into this please.  A working service is not a luxury nor is good customer service.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Moved to Plusnet Feedback and Mobile label added for clarity.

5 REPLIES 5
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Data problems/replacement sim registration

Hi yesme, thanks for getting in touch! I'm very sorry to hear you've had some issues with accessing your account and the replacement SIM. 

If you drop me a private message I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. 

yesme

Just to update everyone I'm not getting a very satisfactory response as every staff member gives a different procedure for complaints.

Suggest the company invests in some training.
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

I'm very sorry to hear you've been misadvised on our complaints procedure! 

Just to clarify, you can lodge a formal complaint via any of our avenues of contact, whether this be over the phone, email, livechat, social media or via forum PM. Once we've logged an expression of dissatisfaction from the customer then we can escalate this to  manager call back. If no resolution is reached following this then the complaint will be passed on to our complaints team who will deal with this further and find a resolution the customer is happy with :). 

This is our official complaints procedure and this must be followed before we can escalate any complaints further. 

yesme

Manager callback is great but totally down to you when you call.  What about if it's not convenient for me?

UPDATE:  Unable to make calls out today alongside several other users...there is clearly a network error. 

Those looking to join plusnet...be careful of appalling customer service.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@LouisaMartin,

Ref reply #4 - does this infer a different complaints process for mobile users?

Just to clarify, you can lodge a formal complaint via any of our avenues of contact, whether this be over the phone, email, livechat, social media or via forum PM.

Those avenues in bold are not part of the published complaints process here - https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.