cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues

o2refugee
Grafter

DNS Issues

Since I finally managed to get my fibre installed properly after a couple of months of hassle the fibre connection seems pretty solid at over 50Mb/s. However I have been plagued by intermittent DNS problems. I have noticed Plusnet admit to the occasional national problem, but the issue never seems to be properly fixed. Sometimes I can clear the problem by overriding the setting on the Plusnet supplied router by using external DNS server on the local PC, but this seems to be an ongoing issue with Plusnet. I am seriously considering moving ISP when my renewal comes up in a few months time since this issue just seems to be brushed under the carpet when individula users complain. I am paying for a premium unlimited service, but my service is severely limted by Plusnet's DNS service.
I have been through all the usual diagnostics as suggested here for other similar issues and the problem is clearly Plusnet's DNS or a related network routing fault. All users on my network are similarly affected.
6 REPLIES 6
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: DNS Issues

I had a DNS issue start at about 06:00 this morning, on a 20CN/ADSL connection. Restarting PPP or the Router did not help. Changed to Google DNS, problems went away.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning all,
We did carry out some work this morning at around 6am in order to fully fix the issues we posted here a week or so back.
Apologies for the lack of service status on this latest change but moving forward the issues we've seen over the last week or two should now be fully resolved. If you have any further issues then it may be best to get in touch with our support team by raising a support ticket here or calling them direct on 0800 432 0200 as this could be something unrelated.
Again, we're sorry about the downtime.
o2refugee
Grafter

Having DNS issues again this pm. It still seems to be this peak time DNS problem which was supposedly fixed.
jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Im glad im not the only one thats noticed the DNS is having issues again had to resort to open DNS.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning All,
Are you still seeing issues?
Having checked the activity over the weekend, there doesn't seem to have been anything raised internally regarding DNS issues  Huh
Looks like we did indeed see a bit of a spike on DNS over the weekend and we're taking a look into it now. Apologies for any issues you may have seen over the course of the weekend.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Actually, DNS looks fine on a deeper look.
What were you guys seeing?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager