cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support stats

jetstar
Grafter

Customer support stats

The ' longest call waiting now ' is stuck at ' currently unavailable '  Not sure why this is but It always was displayed when call wait times were displayed at five minute intervals. Can you fix it, Plusnet ?
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Customer support stats

Nope
It has been broke since the phone system was upgraded
I assume it is in the queue to be fixed some time
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,126464.0.html
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jetstar,
We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Our engineers are working with our suppliers to get this working again, however, at the moment we do not have a confirmed date when this will happen.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Linn,
I really do not want to arm wrestle with you (I might loose) but this is the same answer given a few weeks back...
Quote from: Chris
The reporting for it is stuck at the moment, we've notified the relevant person to get this sorted so should be back to normal shortly.

It'll be in one of our regular releases of code updates, the cut off for next week's has already gone so it'll be the one 3 weeks after that.

It looks as though it wasn't reporting correctly last night, looks better now though?
The "Currently unavailable" is still being investigating by our third party vendor.

The stats reporting has not been overly right since the new telephony system was installed; do you have an SLA with this vendor?  Poor stats reporting only makes a poor situation look worse than it really is.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Kevin,
Yes, I know this is the same answer we've given previously but that doesn't make it any less true which I can appreciate is frustrating. The problem is in the hands of the suppliers and all we can do is wait and let them resolve this issue.
Unfortunately we don't have an SLA on a fix but I'm keeping my eyes peeled and my ears open for any updates on this problem.
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Townman
The stats reporting has not been overly right since the new telephony system was installed; do you have an SLA with this vendor?  Poor stats reporting only makes a poor situation look worse than it really is.

More likely they don't want to advertise the 30-45 minute average call wait time to prospective customers and are blaming it on supplier problems.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
AndyH
Grafter

+1
You would think this isn't something they actively want to fix.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

and the graph is obviously borked as there is no way it should flat line at about 20 calls
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Linn
I know this is the same answer we've given previously

PN are experts in this   Crazy
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
and the graph is obviously borked as there is no way it should flat line at about 20 calls

Unless there are only 20 people working in the call centres.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Grin Grin
Except that is the number of inbound calls including all those on hold waiting for an answer
gofaster
Rising Star

... and the graph is still being cached so you have to use F5 to see the current graph.
And the Average closure time for Questions hasn't been updated since Friday...
Does anyone know how the Average Closure Time is calculated i.e. over what period is it averaged? When does the clock start/stop ticking etc
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The small print says "these question handling stats relate to questions directed at our front-line support team" I assume such questions should be answered with one touch so the question counts as "closed" when returned to the customer. That would make "Average closure time" the average time to first answer even if actual closure follows additional submit/reply cycles.
David
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Linn
I know this is the same answer we've given previously but that doesn't make it any less true,,,

Hi Linn,
I never said, nor did I intend to suggest that the statement was not true, simply that resolution is extremely protracted.  "It is with our suppliers" is becoming as over used as "We know this is not good enough, we are working on improvements, please bear with us...".
I don't want to shoot the messenger, but these are just words in place of resolution actions.  As you can see above, the failure to resolve and publish accurate figures simply fuels conspiracy theories which only do harm.
Seems like you could do with a kick arse supplier manager - in a number of areas!  If there is no SLA then someone in purchasing should be shot!
Cheers,
Kevin