cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Bh

Customer service

Trying to get in touch with plusnet when you have a problem is impossible . Today we have no dial tone and no broadband but can I get in touch with them ? No chance , I thought BT were bad !! I did I like check which said oops something is wrong please ring us . When I do as usual it's a 30min wait , no live chat is available and they provide no other way , e mail or otherwise to get in touch with them . They couldn't be more difficult if they tried they are worse than Ryan air . They also claim everywhere to be the best when it comes to customer service i.e. Award winning , don't make me laugh . I am going to come out of my contract early but I'm not paying any penalty because they are not giving me the support service they promised or they advertise and if they challenge me I will take them to the small claims court , all their disgruntled customers should do the same , God knows this forum is full of them , so right now we have no service and no hope of contacting them to report it . Does anybody have a postal address where I can write to terminate the contract please ?
9 REPLIES 9
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Customer service

you clearly have some hope of contacting them as you currently have access to the internet.
that suggest you have a mobile, so you have means to call them.

if you have to wait 30 minutes then so be it, but stop with the "small claims court" baloney. it just makes you look like a fool.

yes we all have the stupid wait times, but suck it up and get your problem deal with.
Bh

Listen pal you may have 30 mins to waste hanging on a phone but I don't ! So go suck it up yourself ! I've said I'm not getting the great customer support they advertise and if you read other messages on this you will see many others with the same issues . Queuing for a few mins is the norm not 30 mins and again if you read the post you will see that I said if they try to penalise me for coming out of my contract early then I would challenge it in the small claims court . I hoped that somebody in the community could supply a postal address so I could write to them and low and behold the first reply I get is yours , I suggest with your attitude you would fit right in at plus net customer services
chenks76
All Star

there is no postal address to log a fault or to terminate contract.
you could need to call them and go thru to cancellations.

however if you have a fault on your line then moving ISP won't solve that. you'll still have the fault which will need fixed.

so as i said, suck it up and wait on the phone to either cancel or get the fault fixed.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@chenks76 wrote:

there is no postal address to log a fault or to terminate contract.
you could need to call them and go thru to cancellations.

Incorrect with regards to terminating your contract.
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

A cancellation request for cease of service can be made in one of two ways:
By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation for cease of service is by calling our Customer Options Team.

By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chenks76
All Star

there is no way to pass the security questions with a postal cancellation, so a phone call WILL be required at some point.
if it didn't then all i'd need to know is a persons username, address and telephone number and i could cancel their service.

however your quote does specifically say "cease of service" which is not what the OP wants, they want to cancel and migrate.
they don't want to cease the line.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

You don't need to contact Plusnet at all if you are migrating away.  You order with the new ISP, and Plusnet will sent you a notice that the line is being migrated and details of any outstanding balances.

Edit: That is info for @chenks76 on his comments

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

...but if the BT Openreach supplied and serviced line is broken, the fault will remain when transferring to a different ISP.

@Bh

The issue with the phone fault reporter is being discussed by the Superuser programme... I have added this case to the discussion.  There is some possibility that though the fault reporter reported a failure, that a fault report did get sent direct to BT Openreach - you can check that out by looking at your tickets (open and recently closed) using the link below.

I guess that you are call PN from a mobile - I trust that you are using the 0800 number?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're wanting to cancel your account

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 [Selecting Option 1, then Option 2] to discuss cancellation. At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

Is there anything we can help with over here to help keep you as a customer?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cpats
Hooked

Can't blame you. I should have known how bad it would be when I first came to plusnet. I didn't have broadband or a phone for quite some time.

Now is the final straw. My broadband went down for 13 days at a rather crucial time for me and my family. If i hadn't spent hours chasing them I highly doubt that it wouldn't have been fixed. I asked the today what compensation they would be offering, I think they said something like £9. What a joke. That's not customer service, that's an insult. 

So I am voting with my feet and leaving. Already signed up with another company which offers way more for less. Plusnet you just lost £550 a year! I would urge anyone with similar issues or experience to do the same.

Best of luck folks and see you on the other side.