cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service is broken

sticksman
Grafter

Customer service is broken

I have tried raising a ticket with no response so I called the customer service line where I was told the wait time was 60 minutes! This isn't the Plusnet I joined a few years ago - specifically for better customer service and reliability. I can't switch because my contract runs for another 14 months. I suppose I should have seen this coming when Plusnet moved to two year contract periods.  My enquiry wasn't urgent thank goodness, but I will have my fingers permanently crossed that nothing goes wrong until I can eventually research a better provider and finally ditch this lot in 2015. Yikes,  that's a long time to wait, is there no provision that if the service deteriorates to where it is no longer fit for purpose, you can cancel your contract?
7 REPLIES 7
ArthurDent
Grafter

Re: Customer service is broken

Yup, been there too, sticksman, and I await my t-shirt.
But are you saying that the 2yr tie-in is now standard?
BRABUS
Grafter

No it is not standard, it depends what contract you sign yourself up to - FACT
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: sticksman
I have tried raising a ticket with no response    ...  ...  ...  This isn't the Plusnet I joined a few years ago

How long has the ticket been running ?
I have found that tickets typically take between 5 and 8 days (sometimes more) for an initial response, and has been like that for a while.
Fortunately most of my tickets have been non-urgent.
sticksman
Grafter

I wouldn't have a clue if two year contracts were "standard", but when I changed to an "unlimited with phone contract" I was told it had to be for two years.
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I suspect they are being offered to those of us on Mkt 1 exchanges where in theory there isn't much more choice for customers. However, there are many Mkt 1 exchanges where there are one or more LLU options available, mine included. This doesn't seem to make much difference to the offers though.
I was offered a 24 month contract, on renewal, and accepted it for a reasonable Mkt 1 discount. There have been numerous billing errors with my account, still ongoing, so I was released from the contract.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
Quote from: sticksman
I have tried raising a ticket with no response    ...   ...   ...   This isn't the Plusnet I joined a few years ago

How long has the ticket been running ?
I have found that tickets typically take between 5 and 8 days (sometimes more) for an initial response, and has been like that for a while.
Fortunately most of my tickets have been non-urgent.

thats aweful, plusnet need a 24 hour policy brought in prompto for tickets.  As well as the call wait times fixing.
maybe they could hire night staff? it seems the provisioning team is office hours only.
If they fix their backend problems I also suspect call loads will plummet, as I have had 2 issues on my order already, when I googled both issues I see they have been occuring for others long in the past so seems like they are unfixed backend bugs.
eblakeborough
Grafter

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience trying to get in contact with us. We are taking steps to reduce it.

I have replied to your question, if you have any further problems give us a shout.