cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support terminology

Heloman
Grafter

Customer Support terminology

I'm in the process of upgrading to FTTC, and a comment by CS in the "open question" had me baffled.
I read it as "We will get back to you within 24hrs". After nothing had happened for 24hrs I looked again and realised what it actually said was "24 working hours".!
We're all used to "working days". Presumably 24 working hours means 3 working days. But does it?
Don't CS work 24/7?
Just an idle thought  Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Customer Support terminology

Can I also add, under the topic heading, another bit of terminology that is totally unacceptable.
"Our suppliers" .....................................
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I must admit I have no probs with PN , but its so easy to blame someone else for problems , but its not helping PN being at the whim of BT outofreach!!!
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mikko
Grafter

I suppose if CS work 24/7 then 24 hours means same time tomorrow. If they don't get back then they've (amazingly) broken there pledge.
James
Grafter

Quote from: Heloman
I'm in the process of upgrading to FTTC, and a comment by CS in the "open question" had me baffled.
I read it as "We will get back to you within 24hrs". After nothing had happened for 24hrs I looked again and realised what it actually said was "24 working hours".!

Hiya,
This hasn't been written well.  It isn't meant to be 24 working hours at all, Amy meant 24 hours (but being in provisioning she will be used to talking in working days!).
The ticket has been placed on hold and then you get a confusing message saying that it is being picked up - this basically means that it is in the queue for something to check the appointment has been confirmed.  The messaging is a bit confusing, but it is something that we are aware of and looking into changing.
Heloman
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, James. I was more amused than confused by the wording!
Also, unlike HPsauce, I believe PN are correct in referring to "our suppliers".
Too many people in this forum just do not understand that you are entirely dependent upon BT Openreach, over whom you have no control or influence.
The fact that PN is owned by BT  is irrelevant.. PN is just like any other independent  ISP as far as  OR are concerned, I believe.
Over many years I have enjoyed excellent service from PN. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue with my change to FTTC, and that your suppliers, OR, will not let you down .
Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sorry, I also agree with HPsauce, see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,115904.msg1000457.html#msg1000457 and the rest of the thread. If a customer has no comeback on a supplier, there is something wrong with the contract between them.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

The relationship between PN and their suppliers (and how it affects customers) is far from ideal and there are ways and means of dealing with that, probably best dealt with in another thread. No point in confusing this one.
My reason for noting here is the way PN use the term; it's a bit of terminology that is confusing and isn't appropriate in my view and that has implications that don't reflect well on those using it.
Other will no doubt be happy with it or not give it a second thought.  Cool