cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

wclough

Customer Service

I moved to Plusnet from Onetel a couple of years ago on recommendation from a friend. It was a bit pricier than some competitors but with the promise of an award winning service and a UK call centre in Sheffield that was ok. This morning I called customer services. 20+ wait, Ok it was Sat morning. When I did get through the agent was obviously under pressure. I had to ask him to listen twice. He wanted me off the phone asap to get to his next call. It must be hard but I signed up for a premium service. You need to watch this or you are going to loose me
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Customer Service

Welcome to the forum wclough Smiley
It's currently showing 20 minutes. They must be busy. Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Oh Dear ..... Oh Dear.... talk about "De Ja Vu".... I seem to remember posting this

Even the telephone service, at least a 20 minute wait, and every so often being bombarded with stupid  yes stupid "adverts" of course you can always contact us at www.plusnet How daft is that ? .... a choice ........  wait an unknown amount of time on the phone,...... or put in a ticket and wait for 2 days one minute and 23 seconds, (maybe).

On this thread..... start date..... 7 NOVEMBER 2009

" Suggestion.....Employ more staff to answer tickets and phones....."   http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.0.html
Included in 96 responses to the original post. were several assurances from senior PlusNet staff. that it takes time to train people, however "things will improve"...  Embarrassed
Have a look at my posting reply number 74 on page 5  (THREE MONTHS LATER )
... and the subsequent responses from PlusNet staff....
on this page.....  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80676.64.html

Judging from the original posters comments..... NOTHING HAS CHANGED  since    erm.... ... ... NOVEMBER 2009..... despite those assurances.... still a 20 minute wait on the phones, and still as many complaints about the ticket system........

Vip3r
Grafter

I had no broadband on Thursday morning, so got on the Phone to plusnet at about 11am, took just over 10 minutes to get through, was given a list of things to test and told to call back if it hadn't fixed itself.
Second call about 12pm only took around 5minutes to answer. So I guess its just luck as to what time of the day you have to call.
I was not impressed with the quality of the audio of the on-hold music mind you, sounded like they had a microphone pressed up against the wall with the music playing in the next room!  Crazy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Vip3r
So I guess its just luck as to what time of the day you have to call.

Not all down to luck. A quick check here before calling, if you can, may help.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

wclough,
the agent was obviously under pressure. I had to ask him to listen twice. He wanted me off the phone asap to get to his next call

This aspect in particular worries me as we don't directly target our agents on call duration as doing so can be quite detrimental to the quality of support given. I'm going to take this up with the call taker directly and give some feedback.
Give me a shout if there's any outstanding problems that still need looking at.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team