cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service??

Cogin
Grafter

Customer Service??

This is the first time I've used the ticket system to raise a fault. On the 25 03 10 I reported a very low Line rate 239Kbps and a very high noise margin 32.7dB downstream. The first response was quick the next day giving me a set of instructions to carry out, I did all that was asked of me and updated the ticket on the 27 03 10 to reflect that. The ticket 32677863 is still showing awaiting suport response today. No response not even an acknowledgement, it seems the ticket is being ignored perhaps the only annalist is having a long Easter break. It seems Plusnet like to take your money but sorting things out when you get problems is a bit more difficult for them. Any comment Plusnet?
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Customer Service??

Hi Cogin,
I'm sorry about that - I've asked one of our agents here to pick this up for you. It looks like the slow speed is being caused by a very intermittent connection though, is the router plugged into the master socket and are there any unfiltered items plugged into the line (phones, faxes, sky box etc)? I'd recommend testing with the router in the master socket and everything else unplugged to see if the disconnections get better, if not then there's definitely a fault on the line.
Cogin
Grafter

Hi Matt
That was what i was told to do. The router has been plugged into the master socket and left on since the 27 03 10.
The upstream is fine at 1107 Kbps Noise margin 6.0db. It's down that all messed up. At the moment is at 239Kbps noise margin 32.9
The conection has just reset no help though still the same.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well it looks like it's been stable for 10 days or so, however there's a very savage banded profile on there that's limiting your sync rate (hence why you're seeing such slow speeds). We're getting the fault raised now and will be calling up to get this removed - that should fix the sync rate however it may be a day or two before the line profile lifts to match.
We'll update the ticket as soon as we know more.
Cogin
Grafter

Hi Matt
My Downstream used to be  around 12900Kbps with a noise margin of 6.1 to 9.1db.
Just had a phone call about this problem while I was typing this so it seems Plusnet Sheffield does care about customer service but Durban‎ call centre in South Africa has a few problems.
On top of a fault it seems that I'm also on a severely low banded profile.
Cogin
Grafter

An update.
Down stream is now 14247kbps with a noise margin of 6.0dB but upstream is now 888kbps with a noise margin of  10.6db. They are going to look into that for me.
Yes I'm happy again it's just a shame that it took a rant & rave to get this sorted out and so quickly as well.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent news that it's fixed but yes I agree with the need for the post here to get it sorted. That will be addressed, and sharpish given the focus on customer support we've got at the moment. Sorry it had to come to that.