cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service

janven

Customer Service

Being a customer of Plusnet for a few years now was not very impressed to "find out" by myself that the package i was on is now half in price!  I was being charged the old price with much less mb.  I would have thought Plusnet could have brought this to my attention through their monthly email to me - very quick to try and recruit new members when it involves extra money but when there is a reduction for a customer , its odd how I am not informed.
I called "customer services" to change my package, and on confirming that the "free" wireless router was included was informed I would have to pay for P & P - when i asked where this is stated as i have checked terms and conditions and I can not see anything to that affect.  The man then said he would look for it and left me holding for over 20 minutes - in this time i upgraded myself online" and he still hadnt come back to me.  Acceptable customer service?
I then called back and was told that the person in question would be asked why i was made to hold on for so long - i requested feedback and was told this was not possible.
I am now wary as to the information i was given by this man - is it correct or not and have I just now changed my package on the information given ,  I was told i was in market 3 and it was a 12 month contract  and will NOT be paying p&p.
I have always only dealt with staff in the UK previously and have had no issues whatsoever with customer service and I am now very worried and upset besides frustrated with the whole saga!
I now have to contact the South African customer service again as i believe after speaking to the busines department here in the UK that is the only customer service available to residental customers - funny that!
3 REPLIES 3
janven

customer service

Following on to my previous notice - i have just spoken to the supervisor in Durban.  He stated that the new deal was advertised on TV and in newspapers - to my knowledge i have never seen Plusnet advertised in either!  He couldnt respond as to why I wasnt emailed the offer (although i get emailed on offers for upgrading but when its a down grade, i dont  - strange that!) 
With regards the fee for P&P he wanted to give me a link and type in hardware!  so i am suppose to know that when i changed my package online????  there was no link on the change page and nothing about payment for P&P.  Where ever it is stated must be so well hidden as even he couldnt as like the previous customer service helper was unable to find it!  and they work everyday with terms and conditions.
What i find the most frustrating is when information is reqeusted and no sensible logical answer is given.
Such a pity as my insight into Plusnet has changed drastically today.
petejackson
Grafter

Re: customer service

Quote from: janven
Following on to my previous notice - i have just spoken to the supervisor in Durban.  He stated that the new deal was advertised on TV and in newspapers - to my knowledge i have never seen Plusnet advertised in either!  He couldnt respond as to why I wasnt emailed the offer (although i get emailed on offers for upgrading but when its a down grade, i dont  - strange that!) 
With regards the fee for P&P he wanted to give me a link and type in hardware!  so i am suppose to know that when i changed my package online????  there was no link on the change page and nothing about payment for P&P.

Hi Jan. I'm very sorry to hear that you've received poor customer service today.  I'm not sure why the advisor might have been under the impression we have advertised on TV & the press.  Whilst it's certainly true that we've had quite a lot of exposure on morning TV (the MoneySaving expert chap) and in various trade and industry journals, we haven't actually 'advertised' in that sense.  We'll have a word with his team managers and make sure we make things a bit clearer in that regard.
Regarding the new products Value and Unlimited - these are quite different propositions to BBYW and it's not quite to say that it's the same product but half the price.  These new products are primarily designed to appeal to new customers - we expected many of our existing customers to prefer to remain on their BBYW.  So we haven't actively 'marketed' the new products to BBYW customers. Having said that, the next customer newsletter will recap on the new products and all residential customers who are opted 'in' to receiving marketing emails wil get that email.  That's due out very soon (in the next week or so).
With regards to the postage and packing charges not being 'up front' I agree it could be clearer (it's mentioned during the online signup process itself) and will get our content team to put something specifically about this into our FAQs for the products.
After all that I hope you consider £5.99 a month great value for your broadband and wireless router (even with the postage and packing).  Your account change is due to complete in May and I've asked one of our team managers here to watch over this to make sure it all goes smoothly.  Let me know if you have any further trouble please would you?  Any of the team can help you and I'll get the message if you ask.
janven

Re: Customer Service

Morning Peter
Thank you for your response and at least its a more feesable explaination that I have received from your customer service on the telephone.
I have to point out that the information given about advertising  in newspaper and TV was from a  Team Leader/Supervisor!!  This is exactly what i mean about misinformation.  tbh they havent got a clue.
I dont quite know what  BBYW stands for but I have to state that I would like to have been informed via email when this offer was introduced in February - then at least it is my choice if i change or not.  I happened to find the offer by accident by Martin MoneySaving ( the Supervisor didnt havent any idea what i meant when i told him thats where i found the offer).  It seems  as you admit your aim was at new cutomers and forget about the loyal old customers. 
About the P&P statement, although you mention it is noted during the online signup - yes maybe for NEW customers but i did that process a few years ago.  I also was informed in was in your terms and conditions by both people in your customer service - Supervisor  is one who has assured me he will email them to me - I am still waiting...................................................
As i have suggested and you agree it is not very clear  and very misleading. 
I do agree it is a good offer and as i have mentioned previously I have always found your Company a pleasure to work with but unfortunately that was within the UK .  I think your response and the ones i have received from your overseas call centres speak for themselves.
Many thanks
Janine