cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service awards NOT justified

nmyork

Customer Service awards NOT justified

How on earth do you get awards for customer service? I have tried to ring twice today, hung on the phone for 15 minutes or more and still no-one answered. No ongoing indication of how long I will be waiting is given or where I am in the queue. Your online chat is useless as I was just told to call customer services. My broadband discount was stopped without warning but, of course, it's practically impossible to get in touch with you to discuss this. Awards for customer service ... hah! Ridiculous. I think the best message I can give is to research other providers and leave. That'll do you proud.
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Customer Service awards NOT justified

Quote from: nmyork
My broadband discount was stopped without warning

When you signed up (or re-contracted) you would have been given a discount for a specified time, few suppliers will contact you to tell you that a previously agreed discount period is coming to an end.
To get a new discount it's usually up to the customer to call in and see what's on offer for a further contracted period.
Call waiting times could be better though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

The energy companies notify you when a fixed contract is ending along with your options, surely it cannot be all that hard for PN to do the same considering you have given them your custom for that period.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
cantwaittoleave

This is the schocking reality of the power behind advertising that they can pretty much say anything and get away with it.
I Joined PlusNet over a year ago moving from BT thinking that they would "do me proud" and when my PlusNet Router packed up I was told that the router is under a 12 month contract and the service is for 18 months. I was given the option to buy an overpriced outdated router or re-contract.
After ringing PlusNet to obtain a price for re-contract they tried to simply renew the contract at a price that is 13 months old. When I highlighted this they put me through to Customer Options who tried to sell me a 24 months contract. Eventually got a price for their 18 month contract which is still MORE EXPENSIVE (£180) than a new customer quote on the their automatic website. When I mentioned that Sky is cheaper than their automatic website quote the PlusNet operative started speaking negatively and falsely about Sky which highlights how low these people really are.
The point is I thought PlusNet were different and that customer care and customer retention was a priority and I have to say THIS IS NOT THE CASE. They are very much like their parent company BT which is about the holy cash and nothing else.
Dreadful Customer Service
Odd mismatched contracts hardware and service
Unfair Contract pricing
Very Long wait to speak to staff
More expensive than Sky (Jan 2016 : Fibre 38mb and Anytime Phone)
BUYER BEWARE!