cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service - Big let down

Davidson1234
Dabbler

Customer Service - Big let down

It seems i am just one of a huge number of customers recently to experience extremely poor customer service from Plusnet. After being a customer for several years now, where i've been more than happy dealing with the Plusnet customer support, things have really gone down hill with the customer service provided. 

After being on a monthly rolling contract for some time now after my last contract came to an end, i wanted to organise a new 12 month contract for my new home after recently selling my house. After sorting out what felt like a good deal via online chat, I called up to discuss a couple of points in the email i had received, as it did not tie up with what was discussed in the chat. I was told that due to it being a home move, i wouldn't actually be able to have the contract I had discussed with the previous advisor. I managed to come to an agreement about the new Home Move contract and went ahead and placed the order. 

I then received an email stating that my order had been rejected and i wouldn't be able to have my fibre deal as there was no room left in the cabinet. I called Plusnet to discuss. Each time i call Plusnet I have to explain what i spoke about on my last call, as nobody seems to make any notes of what has been discussed previously with the customer. Nobody is able to find any notes or copies of emails that Plusnet have sent me, and act surprised when i tell them about an email i have received telling me that my order had been rejected.

I was then advised to ignore that email, as it was incorrect, and that my fibre order would be resubmitted as there was, in fact, space in the cabinet. 

Then i get another email saying my order has failed. I call up and again have to go through the entire history of what i am trying to achieve (a new contract with home move) before someone says that its a common problem when they submit an order for the phone line and broadband at the same time, so they would resubmit the order again, but for the phone line first, then the broadband. 

I now get another email days later saying that my order cannot be completed as there are no free ports at the cabinet for fibre connections, and so my only options are to either downgrade to an ADSL package, or cancel entirely. 

I call up Plusnet and speak to a customer service advisor who couldn't seemingly care less. He gives me a bog standard ADSL quote which is only a couple of pounds cheaper than the fibre deal i had negotiated and placed an order for, yet with estimated speeds now on ADSL of between 10 and 19 mb/s. I had to re negotiate adding in the BT Sport app for 12 months, which i had already negotiated a deal on TWICE prior to this, and finally Plusnet agreed to include it in my package for the 12 months at a reduced rate to normal. 

I need to rely on a good internet connection for work, and need to ensure this is setup for when i move into my new house, but Plusnet have been an absolute shambles in terms of customer service, and make an already stressful situation even more so. Emails sent out do NOT tie up with what was discussed, especially regarding prices. The content of emails does not render out properly in a web browser, and values are missing here and there in the text body. Come on Plusnet, i used to recommend you to friends and family as i was a very happy customer. What has happened???

4 REPLIES 4
Davidson1234
Dabbler

Re: Customer Service - Big let down

...and after going through the pain of sorting out the new ADSL package today instead of the fibre that i wanted, i have just had an email from plusnet saying my question has been updated - 

"Unable to place automated orders, please investigate and place orders manually"

What am i supposed to do with that information? Does this mean my ADSL order has now failed like my fibre order did?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the issues you're having with your house move which has caused a delay with getting your services up and running at your new address. I've come to pick up your new house move ticket 187592800 but as the fibre order is still open and on a waiting list to be completed, I can't get your standard broadband order in place yet.

I've processed a cancellation request on that order which should complete within 24-48 hours and once that has happened, we'll place the order for standard broadband which should take around 4 working days. 

Apologies again for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Davidson1234
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. I'm still getting mixed messages via email and am not sure if my ADSL broadband service is actually going through. I had an email yesterday stating

Due to a technical issue, we have had to cancel and replace your broadband order.

Are you able to tell me what the current status is please? 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Davidson1234, thank you for getting back to us. I can confirm that the ADSL order placed looks to have a committed date and I can see our provisioning team have updated your house move ticket with further information regarding this here
If there's anything we can you you with in the meantime or moving forwards please do let us know.