Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Options Team - extended opening hours

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Customer Options Team - extended opening hours

I have today received a PM from  member of Plusnet staff to say that the extended opening hours trial for the Customer Options Team* ended yesterday. How it can be a realistic trial when all the help pages still say "9:00am to 5:30pm Mon – Fri (except Bank Holidays)" defeats me. Angry
Prediction: The official line from Plusnet will be one of two things. Either they will say the trial proved there was insufficient demand (not surprising when they did nothing to let customers know the hours had been extended) or we won't get any comment at all.
* The Customer Options Team are the people you have to talk to to request a MAC
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Customer Options Team - extended opening hours

The trial has ended yes, however that's not to say we won't look at doing this again in future. Let me find out the reasons behind it when I'm back in the office on Monday and see if we do trial it again that we can get some more visibility around it.
I'm not sure which member of staff sent you the private message, however I'm sure from the fact that you're posting the information in here that they gave you permission to do so?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The message was because of my signature - I don't think it unreasonable to explain why I have edited it. Given that it was a member of Digital Care who publicised the trial in the first place, I'm not sure why you have concerns about it's ending also being publicised.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

At least he did thank me for my help
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  quoted PM removed as this is against the Forum Rules ]
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That's the same as the message I received.
phil4
Grafter

I guess it all depends on the goal/aims of the trial.....
It may have been to see whether there were enough willing staff (for more than just a one off).
Or perhaps to see if the management structure worked out of hours.
Unless it was something like the above the lack of publicity is a little odd.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

So Plusnet, were could customer find out the the opening times for COT was until 7pm last week?
As i said here, http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,95538.msg807850.html#msg807850 , if customer are not aware of the trial , then there is no point of it
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The trial was to see how many calls in were made if the changes weren't advertised, hence us not changing the pages. If we do trial this again I'm sure we'll look at changing the pages to get an indication of any change in call patterns from it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.